PDA

View Full Version : WOW !! Changes Around Here !! Reintro

StartingOver
05-27-2010, 09:40 PM
I remember seeing the email, but it has been so crazy around my house. This is the first time I have had a chance to stop by.

I am Jana, wife to Buck. Mother or 5, step mom to 4 more. Grandmother to 8. I am a 22 year veteran of homeschooling, starting all over with my two little ones. Quince is almost 4 and Emma just turned 2. I look forward to getting to know you all !

pandahoneybee
05-27-2010, 10:38 PM
Welcome Jana! Well I hope that when I finish with my boys that I would have the energy to do it again! Right now it is day by day;)

camaro
05-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Welcome back Jana! Nice to meet you again. :)

StartingOver
05-27-2010, 10:53 PM
Thank you !! My two little tubal ligation reversal miracles....... I have all the energy in the world. And much more time now !!

StartingOver
05-27-2010, 10:54 PM
Welcome back Jana! Nice to meet you again. :)

Thanks David !! It has only been a few months. I was shocked, but very pleased with the changes ! It seems much more user friendly.

BPier12
05-27-2010, 10:57 PM
Hi and Welcome, Jana! I'm new to homeschooling so it is really nice for people like me to have people like you here! :D

StartingOver
05-27-2010, 11:02 PM
Hi and Welcome, Jana! I'm new to homeschooling so it is really nice for people like me to have people like you here! :D

Thanks Beth !!

I feel like a new homeschooler in many ways. Since I graduated the last of my olders 2 years ago. Everything has changed since I had little ones. I mean really, I can't find half of the books I used the last time they seem to mostly be Out of print LOL. But I am thinking it could be lots of fun figuring it all out again. I had such a blast the first time around !!

Snoopy
05-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Oh hey Jana, I've been reading your blog sporadically since your posts appear on the Blog Digest of the Home Page. It's nice to see you here. Welcome back! Can't wait for you to share your experience with us. And you look wayyyy too young to be a grandma, btw.

Shoe
05-28-2010, 03:13 AM
Welcome back. I look forward to getting to know you, soaking up your wisdom and picking your brain.

Cheers.

reversemigration
05-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Welcome back, Jana. I can see how it'd be exciting to be able to start again at the beginning of the cycle and be able to use everything you learned the last time through. No new homeschooling jitters for you!

StartingOver
05-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Oh hey Jana, I've been reading your blog sporadically since your posts appear on the Blog Digest of the Home Page. It's nice to see you here. Welcome back! Can't wait for you to share your experience with us. And you look wayyyy too young to be a grandma, btw.

Oh you are sweet LOL We are a family combined. My husband has 7 grandbabies and I have 1. But I claim them all. ;-) His children are DD 28, DD28, DD 24, DS 24, Mine are DD 22, DS 20, DS 18, Ours are DS almost 4, and DD 2. Yes, I had a midlife crisis hehe.

I didn't know my blog was on the Blog Digest, will have to go see.

StartingOver
05-28-2010, 12:55 PM
Welcome back. I look forward to getting to know you, soaking up your wisdom and picking your brain.

Cheers.

Thank you Shoe !

StartingOver
05-28-2010, 01:01 PM
Welcome back, Jana. I can see how it'd be exciting to be able to start again at the beginning of the cycle and be able to use everything you learned the last time through. No new homeschooling jitters for you!

I am so excited starting again !! One thing I know now is that we can take time to smell the roses. It won't harm my children in any way. I am still a rigorous classical secular homeschooler, but now I know that sometimes life gets in the way and that is ok. That year we got almost nothing done, because my mother was ill, did no harm. The months on end that we traveled and did little school work, didn't harm them either. Cross country moves did no harm. Having a son who hated to write and learned to type very early didn't harm him, it set him free. I love being able to meet them where they are !

I don't think I did to bad, all three are in college. My daughter is a new mother, my sons are both in the military, one Navy and one Army. I am very proud of all of them !

Snoopy
05-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Oh you are sweet LOL. You know, after I said that, I saw that you posted your age as 41 and since you're YOUNGER than me, I definitely think you're waaaaay too young to be a granny, roflmao! Your little kiddos are cuties :)

StartingOver
05-28-2010, 01:32 PM
You know, after I said that, I saw that you posted your age as 41 and since you're YOUNGER than me, I definitely think you're waaaaay too young to be a granny, roflmao! Your little kiddos are cuties :)

Granny? Granny? ARGHHHHHHHHHhh don't say that. LMAO. My hubby calls me Granny Janny and I could just kill him over it. ( note: he is still breathing ! )

Yes I started early and ended late. My grandmother had 12 children, with a 20 year spread. My mother had 7 with a 20 year spread. I have 5 with a 20 year spread. Wow I just realized all of us had our first babies at 19-20 and our last at 39-40. Can't be the water???? As we were all in different states. :cool:

Thanks, We think they are cute enough to keep. :)

Snoopy
05-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Granny? Granny? ARGHHHHHHHHHhh don't say that. It's my little revenge for the fact that you DARE being younger than me. Arumfph. lol. My oldest is 16 and Noah is 8 so that's 4 for me with an 8 year-spread. Kind of standard, I guess... My mom had me when she was 20 and she was always the youngest mom of all my friends' moms. I always thought that was really cool and it makes it easier to remember how old she is now :)

pandahoneybee
05-28-2010, 04:25 PM
Granny? Granny? ARGHHHHHHHHHhh don't say that. LMAO. My hubby calls me Granny Janny and I could just kill him over it. ( note: he is still breathing ! )

Yes I started early and ended late. My grandmother had 12 children, with a 20 year spread. My mother had 7 with a 20 year spread. I have 5 with a 20 year spread. Wow I just realized all of us had our first babies at 19-20 and our last at 39-40. Can't be the water???? As we were all in different states. :cool:

Thanks, We think they are cute enough to keep. :)

You both are way to young for to be called that!

StartingOver
05-28-2010, 04:56 PM
You both are way to young for to be called that!

I picture a Granny as a 90+ year old, always sitting in a rocker sipping sweet tea !! LOL