PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Saskatchewan :)

Bellanina
05-27-2010, 08:10 PM
My name is Carla and I've been peeking over Dave's shoulder for awhile (btw, he's camaro on here). Thought it was time to create my own personality and introduce myself properly.

You know the basics already I'm sure, we live on a farm, have 3 boys, and are a techno-savvy household (mostly due to Dave's expertise!). I like the gadgets, but it's Dave that makes them work together.

As for the small details: I work off-farm as well at 2 part-time jobs. I work for Canada Post delivering mail for a rural route, and also at the local gas station/convenience store as a clerk. In my spare time I'm President of the boys' gymnastics club and I volunteer for the local EMS as a First Responder (I'm dispatched along with the ambulance and often show up first on scene; I take control of the scene and obtain initial patient information for the ambulance crew). Life gets busy at times!

Carla

camaro
05-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Uh-oh! Guess I'll have to start behaving myself here now!

BPier12
05-27-2010, 10:00 PM
Hi Carla and welcome!! So glad you are here now too.

Snoopy
05-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Hey Carla, so glad to see you here :) Although I was getting excited for David that another Saskatchewan homeschooler had shown up when I saw the title of your post, lol!

Shoe
05-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Hey Carla, nice to meet you. Maybe my wife will join us here as well, sometime.

Cheers.

pandahoneybee
05-28-2010, 07:43 AM
Welcome Carla;) Can't wait to get to know ya!

reversemigration
05-28-2010, 09:54 AM
Welcome, Carla! I'm glad to meet you. And David's right, you'll have to keep him on his toes from now on. :)

And yay for volunteer EMS! That's one of the biggest things I miss about moving from rural Virginia to urban Ohio. I volunteered for about 8 years, mostly in the back of the ambulance. I don't know about David, but my wife was getting to the point of making my pager and radio disappear. :) Being a FR is a tough job, since you're on scene by yourself at first, without a lot of resources. I'm guessing that you probably know your regional air ambulance crews by first name by now!

Green Vixen
05-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Hi Carla,

Welcome! That is great both you and your husband are on here :) I live in Alaska and am wondering if the weather is similar in Saskatchewan. Freakin' freezing in the winter and mosquito's in the summer LOL! Looking forward to getting to know you.

Marisa

StartingOver
05-31-2010, 10:51 AM
;)
Uh-oh! Guess I'll have to start behaving myself here now!

Hi Carla, welcome !

camaro
05-31-2010, 11:04 AM
Ah, yes, beautiful SK weather, where it can hit -40C in the winter and +40C in the summer. And with all the rain this spring that black cloud coming up on you is just as likely to be mosquitoes. Yep, probably much like Alaska!