PDA

View Full Version : Ron paul on homeschooling

carreannjoe
01-27-2012, 06:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQP5KVM5tB8&feature=related

A quick clip of Dr. Ron Paul on homeschooling..

We need this man in 2012!

MarkInMD
01-27-2012, 08:56 AM
I don't mind Ron Paul, although given a contest between him and Obama, I would still vote for Obama based on other issues. The thing is that education is so focused on testing and accountability (whatever that is) that I think HSing is going to be ignored no matter who's in office, which is a good thing. It's still such a small percentage of the educational spectrum that I don't think any national politician's stand pro or con is going to affect much of anything. I do appreciate what Paul has to say on the subject, though.

SunnyDays
01-27-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm a big fan of Dr. Paul. Unfortunately, he's far too Libertarian for the Republican party and gets frequently marginalized. He was downright funny in the debate last night. "I don't think we need a colony on the moon... we could send some politicians there, though!" (Approximate quote.)

carreannjoe
01-28-2012, 09:30 AM
You know, I love Ron Paul. It saddens me a bit because I feel like a lot of people don't undertand a lot of what he is trying to warn people about, in regards to sound currency. I feel like people may be getting a little lost when he tries to discuss these things in his debates. Although he know's his stuff, I'm afraid the majority of the public may not be as versed it what he's talking about..ya know? I wish, wish, wish he was able to articulate his message in a way that people could relate with more, and that he could speak smoothly and strongly. He IS preaching what we, as a Country, need. He knows what he's doing.. I'm afraid too many people are pulled towards the smooth, swavy speaker by nature. They are the politician types that will say whatever they can to get themselves in office, or to get them re-elected..Ron Paul has been preaching the same message for the past 30 years! He's NEVER flip-flopped his position in order to be saying what the public WANTS to hear. He's just saying what he believes, whether you like it or not...You don't see that in politics.

kailuamom67
01-28-2012, 11:09 AM
I disagree with Paul on many important things. However, I think he's the most honest guy looking for the repub ticket.

MarkInMD
01-28-2012, 11:35 AM
Ron Paul has been preaching the same message for the past 30 years! He's NEVER flip-flopped his position in order to be saying what the public WANTS to hear. He's just saying what he believes, whether you like it or not...You don't see that in politics.

And I've noticed that about him, and I definitely respect that.

Accidental Homeschooler
01-28-2012, 12:20 PM
I disagree with Paul on many important things. However, I think he's the most honest guy looking for the repub ticket.

This is pretty much how I feel about him. I do agree with him on a lot of foreign policy issues. I saw him in a debate for the last presidential election and he was the only one not afraid to look "weak" when talking about the wars, the only one ready to be honest regardless of the political consequences.

carreannjoe
01-30-2012, 06:26 AM
I'm just curious, what 'important things' do you guys disagree with him on?