PDA

View Full Version : Decided on my kitchen counters

Wilma
05-24-2010, 08:32 AM
I was all set to do concrete. Wasn't completely sold, but it was the best of the bunch. But the concrete man never emailed me an estimate. I was out walking the other day and remembered I originally wanted granite tiles. For some reason they just have the look I like. So I started accumulating tiles from Home Depot. Even found a slate backsplash there I like. And I can accumulate it a little at a time so I can pay cash for the materials. And no turning back now that I have some materials in hand. Decision made, time to move one. Whew!:D

Snoopy
05-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Are you going to buy a couple of tiles a week then? Are you going to install yourself?

I love it when I have been agonizing over making a decision (which isn't often because usually I make snap decisions!) and then I finally make it. The relief is incredible, isn't it?

Shoe
05-24-2010, 09:54 AM
I was all set to do concrete. Wasn't completely sold, but it was the best of the bunch. But the concrete man never emailed me an estimate. I was out walking the other day and remembered I originally wanted granite tiles. For some reason they just have the look I like. So I started accumulating tiles from Home Depot. Even found a slate backsplash there I like. And I can accumulate it a little at a time so I can pay cash for the materials. And no turning back now that I have some materials in hand. Decision made, time to move one. Whew!:DGlad to hear you made a decision. My wife has been doing the same thing with hardwood flooring-buying it a little at a time, so that I can install it at some point. Nice to pay cash and not increase our debt.

Have fun with the tiles. Are you doing the work yourself or bringing someone in to do it?

Wilma
05-24-2010, 10:40 AM
Are you going to buy a couple of tiles a week then? Are you going to install yourself?

I love it when I have been agonizing over making a decision (which isn't often because usually I make snap decisions!) and then I finally make it. The relief is incredible, isn't it?

They sell individual tiles and boxes, so it just depends on the budget that week. DH has been installing the floor tiles, and is doing a beautiful job, but we are getting the counters professionally done. We want to do an undermount sink which requires knowledge of a certain type of product, of which we have none.

Shoe, let me know what kind of hardwood you are getting. We are going with hardwood for the living room and the bedrooms.

hjdong
05-24-2010, 03:08 PM
We are really happy with our granite tiles. I hope you will be too.

pandahoneybee
05-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Congrats on making the decision! We still have the 80's white tiles on our counter tops GROSS but not in the budget to change anything out just yet! I have tiled a back splash in a former house before I am sure that you will do great! Tiling is way easier (in my mind) then changing out a 20 year old faucet!