PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Plans

warramra
05-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Anybody else have a fun weekend planned?

We are starting ours early by going today to a Agriculture/Craft festival at the fairgrounds. Free except the carnival rides. Tonight is family movie night, we'll be watching "E.T." Then dd5 has a soccer game Saturday morning and dd7 has a softball game Saturday afternoon. On Sunday dd10's soccer team is having an end of season cookout and parent/girls soccer game. The weather is supposed to be really good all weekend.

Amy

Shoe
05-21-2010, 08:39 AM
Fun? No...I have to work all weekend :(

hockeymom
05-21-2010, 08:51 AM
We are wrapping up a vacation "back home" in Ohio, and our weekend will be spent in Portland, Maine, stocking up on groceries at Whole Foods, items from Target, and a bit of necessary shopping at the outlets before heading home to New Brunswick.

warramra
05-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Fun? No...I have to work all weekend :(

That is a bummer:(

My DH has to work most of the weekend too, so he will miss a lot of the fun.

inmom
05-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Yardwork, yardwork, and yet more yardwork. We like it though...garden is almost all in, flowers are blooming, and the smell of freshly cut grass is always so nice.

Carol

Jessica
05-21-2010, 11:20 AM
We're expecting rain all weekend. Yuck! Marc has a job to do for a friend in the morning, so maybe the boys and I will bake cookies or something while he's gone. We just bought Blockus, so we'll probably play a game of that, which will lead to other board game play. We'll probably watch a movie tomorrow night, unless there is anything kid-friendly playing at the theater that we could go see on Sunday. We have a new family member, Alexandra (aka Sweet Pea) the guinea pig, who will get plenty of attention. We'll probably be shopping for supplies to make her area bigger, and I need to find a second cage for the second guinea who will be coming home this week (she was too young to leave her mother, so we had to wait a couple of weeks.) We have to keep them separated until we're sure that the new baby is healthy. I also need to finish rearranging the living room to make space for them, having the cage on the coffee table isn't going to work long term! lol

So despite the fact that we won't be able to spend much, if any, time outside it will be a very busy weekend!

amphibology29
05-21-2010, 01:10 PM
Nothing big today. Tomorrow we're going to the Cherry Point Air Show. The Blue Angels are going to be there! We've seen them a few times and it's always fun.

pandahoneybee
05-21-2010, 01:27 PM
Nope no plans either, want to dig in the dirt but I think that it is supposed to rain;( just doing a Lowe's build it with the boys "Catapult" should be fun! no worries its not big enough for Alex to shoot his brother off of!

reversemigration
05-21-2010, 05:26 PM
We had hopes of going to the drive-in this weekend, but I think it's going to be too rainy. The same rain is going to get in the way of all the yardwork that needs to be done. The two boys have play practice Saturday morning; after that, it's actually free time now that spring sports have wrapped up. I really should work on the plastering that needs to be done, but I'm just not feeling it right now. So honestly, at this point, I have no idea - I'm waiting for DW to get back from her work trip to make any firm plans. In the meantime, it's the usual laundry/dinner/etc chores, plus keeping children from killing themselves or others. :rolleyes:

firefly
05-21-2010, 07:47 PM
Saturday - farmer's market! Sunday - "biking through history" with a visit to Old Salem and a picnic! Otherwise, house cleaning every free second...

camaro
05-21-2010, 08:05 PM
This weekend will be a mixture of work and play. The boys have a birthday party to go to on Saturday which I might have to drive them to (Carla still has trouble driving sometimes due to her surgery). And since I finallyfinallyfinally have my grain truck running again I'll change the oil in it and put a load of oats on it so I can finally get my seeding done. Having struggled to fix three trucks this spring I have had my fill of mechanical work!

Snoopy
05-21-2010, 09:02 PM
just doing a Lowe's build it with the boys "Catapult" should be fun!!

We're doing it too! We're meeting our friends there, doing that really quick (I'm actually thinking of taking the kit to make at home later on) and then on to our local gym's Family Day, where they're supposed to have fun activities for the kids and open swimming. Then lunch with our friends and then we're going to see Shrek III, probably in 3D although I will get sick, because the 2D showtimes just aren't convenient. Sunday I'm taking Noah to the beach and we might pick up different friends on the way to come with us. We have to try squeezing as many beach trips possible before the oil spill reaches our coasts :( At some point I have to pay some bills and fold the laundry too. And clip tons of coupons that my friends passed on to me today. That used to be fun but now it sounds like work so I can't work up the old enthusiasm for it!

Wow, now after putting all those plans down I'm already pooped!

Snoopy
05-21-2010, 09:06 PM
Carla still has trouble driving sometimes due to her surgery. And since I finallyfinallyfinally have my grain truck running again I'll change the oil in it and put a load of oats on it so I can finally get my seeding done. Having struggled to fix three trucks this spring I have had my fill of mechanical work!

Sorry to hear that, David. You sound like you know your way around your equipment though, I'm always amazed at hearing you talk about what you do and you homeschool 3 boys while I whine about my little pile of laundry (OK, it's actually pretty HUGE!) and my 1 homeschooled kid, lol. I hope Carla gets better soon!

reversemigration
05-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Drat. I checked, and we'll be doing play practice during catapult building time. If only there were a way to incorporate both...hmmm, maybe Monty Python....

ARTHUR: Now, this is your last chance. I've been more than reasonable.
FRENCH GUARD: (Fetchez la vache.)
OTHER FRENCH GUARD: Quoi?
FRENCH GUARD: (Fetchez la vache!)
[mooo]
ARTHUR: If you do not agree to my commands, then I shall--
[twong]
[mooooooo]
Jesus Christ!
KNIGHTS: Christ!
[thud]
Ah! Ohh!
ARTHUR: Right! Charge!
KNIGHTS: Charge!
[mayhem]
FRENCH GUARD: Hey, this one is for your mother! There you go.
[mayhem]
FRENCH GUARD: And this one's for your dad!
ARTHUR: Run away!
KNIGHTS: Run away!

reversemigration
05-21-2010, 10:07 PM
This weekend will be a mixture of work and play. The boys have a birthday party to go to on Saturday which I might have to drive them to (Carla still has trouble driving sometimes due to her surgery). And since I finallyfinallyfinally have my grain truck running again I'll change the oil in it and put a load of oats on it so I can finally get my seeding done. Having struggled to fix three trucks this spring I have had my fill of mechanical work!

I hope all goes smoothly and easily, David. I know how busy planting season is without having extra work to do!

Shoe
05-21-2010, 10:11 PM
Drat. I checked, and we'll be doing play practice during catapult building time. If only there were a way to incorporate both...hmmm, maybe Monty Python....

[mooo]
[twong]
[mooooooo]
Jesus Christ!
[thud]
Ah! Ohh!
[mayhem]
[mayhem]

You have to love Monty Python!

camaro
05-21-2010, 11:21 PM
Sorry to hear that, David. You sound like you know your way around your equipment though, I'm always amazed at hearing you talk about what you do and you homeschool 3 boys while I whine about my little pile of laundry (OK, it's actually pretty HUGE!) and my 1 homeschooled kid, lol. I hope Carla gets better soon!

I must admit that the past month has left me feeling a little burned out, but Mitchell's old enough to be helping out more (handy when I need someone to turn a key while I'm under the hood of the truck) and Carla is getting better slowly, albeit not as fast as she'd like. She's a bit depressed that she can't get out and do her yard work yet.

Our more relaxed approach to homeschooling makes life a lot easier, though. We're only doing an hour every day or two lately and with Carla off work she's been doing more with the boys, too. When life returns to normal (is there really such a thing?) perhaps we'll pick it up some.

BTW, I can ram through seven loads of laundry in a day. :)

amphibology29
05-21-2010, 11:46 PM

You're my hero! I'm lucky if I can get through one. Though my problem half the time is that I put everything in, put in the soap, and just forget to turn it on. I don't care what the latest research says about the myth of "mom brain." I'm living proof. Haha!

Melyssa
05-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Nothing major planned. We're staying home tomorrow to work on the house, we've had furniture in partial states of assembly for weeks...just want to get the office situated. I'm desperate to get it set up so I can start crafting again. Then on Sunday my daughter has a piano recital. That's about it.

Busygoddess
05-22-2010, 03:19 AM
Hopefully, I'll get a few hours of sleep (it's currently 2am on Sat) before I start the major cleaning I need to get done. We had a cookout Fri evening, so there's a lot of dishes waiting to be washed & a few rooms that need cleaning (there were a total of 6 kids here). Plus, I have to get caught up on the cleaning I skipped during the week (I spent time getting through 6 chapters & 2 exams in my Psych course, instead of getting some of my regular housework done). I'm hoping to get some baking done this weekend. I want to get over to my ex step-mom's mom's house. She (stepmom's mom) spent last week in the hospital. Last weekend, they moved her back home for home hospice. We went over last weekend & took them a lasagna. I also went over on Thurs. I want to go over again this weekend, see if there is anything we can do (yardwork, cleaning, etc.), maybe take them another meal or two. Monday is the first day of our new school year. So, I have to make sure everything is ready for that. My husband is also planning some work on the car. That's what we've got planned, anyway.

Teri
05-22-2010, 07:44 AM
The girls have their volleyball tournament today and Joseph is putting flags at the cemetery for Memorial Day with his scout troop. Both of those will be over by 10:30 and then we have nothing. LOL
It is supposed to be 90 and sunny here though, so we may be hitting the neighborhood pool today.

Tonight we will be getting together with another couple friend and playing some games.

I am working on a painting and that will probably get done today or tomorrow.

Shoe
05-22-2010, 09:44 AM
I must admit that the past month has left me feeling a little burned out, but Mitchell's old enough to be helping out more (handy when I need someone to turn a key while I'm under the hood of the truck) and Carla is getting better slowly, albeit not as fast as she'd like. She's a bit depressed that she can't get out and do her yard work yet.

Our more relaxed approach to homeschooling makes life a lot easier, though. We're only doing an hour every day or two lately and with Carla off work she's been doing more with the boys, too. When life returns to normal (is there really such a thing?) perhaps we'll pick it up some.

Hang in there David! My thoughts are with you-I know it can be exhausting trying to do everything and I'm sure that work on the farm is never finished. Hopefully, you'll be able to get a bit of a break soon.

We're in kind of the same situation-my wife got injured in September and is getting very frustrated not being able to work or do her usual activities. It's been tough trying to manage the house, homeschool and work full time. I can only manage about 3 loads of laundry a day (but if I stay on top of it everyday, I keep up with 1 or 2 loads...just can't miss a day :D).

BPier12
05-22-2010, 01:01 PM

[mooo]
[twong]
[mooooooo]
Jesus Christ!
[thud]
Ah! Ohh!
[mayhem]
[mayhem]

Oh, Ben, thanks for the laugh!! That is my favorite scene in the movie!

Our weekend is unusually busy. Last night we went to a dance recital (DS was not amused...), this morning we went to the local E.A.A. (Experimental Aircraft Assoc. -- DH is a private pilot and all around airplane geek) so that DS could use the flight simulator and have pancakes. After that we went to a children's theatre festival and now we are home, DS is in the pool and we are getting ready for friends to come over later in the afternoon to hang out. Tomorrow = no plans and I'm perfectly ok with that!

hjdong
05-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Cleaning. Ctaching up from having been on vacation.

Snoopy
05-22-2010, 10:57 PM
We're in kind of the same situation-my wife got injured in September and is getting very frustrated not being able to work or do her usual activities. It's been tough trying to manage the house, homeschool and work full time. I can only manage about 3 loads of laundry a day (but if I stay on top of it everyday, I keep up with 1 or 2 loads...just can't miss a day :D).

I think you're super husband and super dad, then. Wow, I had no idea your wife was injured. Is she doing OK otherwise?

reversemigration
05-22-2010, 11:42 PM

You seem to handle it very well, Shoe, and I can't imagine how difficult it must be at times. I hope that eventually you'll have some free time for sleep and catching up on your movies!

Shoe
05-23-2010, 03:06 AM
I think you're super husband and super dad, then. Wow, I had no idea your wife was injured. Is she doing OK otherwise?

You seem to handle it very well, Shoe, and I can't imagine how difficult it must be at times. I hope that eventually you'll have some free time for sleep and catching up on your movies!

Thank you both for your thoughts. I only mention it to sympathize with David, though...not trying to hijack the thread and bring attention to myself.

Topsy
05-23-2010, 06:39 AM
I'm working BACKWARDS on this thread. Our weekend SO FAR has been crazy. Yesterday was the big homeschool production of Robin Hood, and my eldest was...Robin Hood. I was in charge of the building for the production so that meant hours of take down and clean-up, and I have YET to be able to wind down. I slept a few hours and have been back on the computer since an ungodly hour this a.m. Hopefully today will be a slightly more "chilled" day for catching up on housework and catching up on eating (no time to eat yesterday!!). ;)

On the upside, the play went very well, and my son just might be bringing the green tunic back into style!! :)

Topsy

Snoopy
05-23-2010, 08:14 AM
I'm working BACKWARDS on this thread. Our weekend SO FAR has been crazy. Yesterday was the big homeschool production of Robin Hood, and my eldest was...Robin Hood. I was in charge of the building for the production so that meant hours of take down and clean-up, and I have YET to be able to wind down. I slept a few hours and have been back on the computer since an ungodly hour this a.m. Hopefully today will be a slightly more "chilled" day for catching up on housework and catching up on eating (no time to eat yesterday!!). ;)

On the upside, the play went very well, and my son just might be bringing the green tunic back into style!! :)

Topsy

Congratulations, Topsy, that sounds like a huge undertaking! The kids must have had a blast ;)

pandahoneybee
05-23-2010, 08:11 PM
Ok Topsy~ How did you get your son interested in being in the play? We have some homeschool plays in our group but both my boys are like NO WAY MOM! But with their acting skills,, ya know crying when they can't play games, stomping up the stairs and being able to talk to themselves for hours I think that it is a good fit!:D