PDA

View Full Version : how to delete thread from Secular Swap?

jakesask
12-05-2011, 05:19 PM
In the instructions for the Secular Swap area, it says that we should delete the thread if we've made a deal and the ad is no longer relevant. I need to delete my WTB thread, but don't seem to have that option in the edit tools.

Do I need to request that a moderator do this for me, or am I just missing something?

Thanks.

Topsy
12-06-2011, 07:41 AM
In the instructions for the Secular Swap area, it says that we should delete the thread if we've made a deal and the ad is no longer relevant. I need to delete my WTB thread, but don't seem to have that option in the edit tools.

Do I need to request that a moderator do this for me, or am I just missing something?

Thanks.

Go back and check again now, jakesask. I checked, and the settings of that forum had defaulted to not allowing thread deletions, but I've updated them again. You should have the option to delete your thread now. If you don't, let us know. Thanks!

jakesask
12-06-2011, 11:47 AM
Thanks, Topsy. But I checked just now, and I can't see "Delete" as an option under Edit or Thread Tools or anywhere else I've checked.

If you could delete the "WTB: Oak Meadow Kindergarten" thread on my behalf, I would appreciate it!

jakesask
12-07-2011, 11:48 AM
I found the Administrative menu today beside Thread Tools . . . I'm sure it wasn't there yesterday, but I guess it must've been. I've successfully deleted the thread now.

I don't seem to have the ability to reply to the private message you sent, Topsy, and I can't send a new one to you (I assume this is a private message restriction on new members), so I thought I would just post here.

Thanks for your help!

Topsy
12-09-2011, 07:37 AM
jakesask...I didn't think to look to see how many posts you have under your belt...sorry about asking you for a PM without checking that more closely! And you are NOT going crazy...I tweaked the settings again on Wednesday, so that is probably why the admin option finally appeared. Thanks so much for helping me work through this issue. I wanted to make sure everyone is able to delete their posts.