PDA

View Full Version : The Teaching Company

Jilly
11-10-2011, 11:30 AM
Someone listed this at another forum, and I thought it might be useful to some here. The Teaching Company (http://www.thegreatcourses.com/greatcourses.aspx?ai=50646&cm_mmc=googleadwords-_-G.Brand%20-%20The%20Teaching%20Company-_-Teaching%20Company-_-the%20teaching%20company&mkwid=e&gclid=CLHvr_i9rKwCFYtR7Aod6HDHDw) is having another great sale, but you need the codes for it. The codes are:

Priority Code: 61328, which gives you the catalog sale price
Coupon Code: RKM6, which takes an additional $10 off any order

I just ordered three courses for my son for under $40.00. :)

Shoe
11-10-2011, 11:52 AM
I ordered several courses from them back a few months (weeks?) ago during their 70% off sale. I'm very pleased with some of the courses for my teens, but a couple are a bit dry and seem tailored to the adult learner. It's nice to get them at a discounted price, though.

Jilly
11-10-2011, 01:37 PM
Some are hits here and some are not. I try to get courses that I would enjoy too, so it is not a waste of money. With this sale it is possible to get a course for as little as $5.00, so it is a good time to try them out.

Accidental Homeschooler
11-10-2011, 03:28 PM
Some are hits here and some are not. I try to get courses that I would enjoy too, so it is not a waste of money. With this sale it is possible to get a course for as little as $5.00, so it is a good time to try them out.

I bought a bunch of them when they had a 70% off sale. Algebra I has been good so far and American History. I have some we haven't used yet but I also chose titles I knew I would watch even if we did not use them for school. Has anyone used the probability course? It would be nice to have a review of the courses by homeschoolers as opposed to adult learners. But, I thought I had wasted my money on the American History (not the high school course) the first time we sat down to watch and my dd likes it.