PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin Tale - homeschooled character

Pilgrim
10-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Hey everyone. Been pretty busy with schooling, but I wanted to mention that we took the kids to see Dolphin Tale (http://dolphintalemovie.warnerbros.com/index.html)tonight. It's a bit corny, but the kids were on the edge of their seats and are now begging to see Winter in Florida (get it?).

The girl in the story, Hazel, is homeschooled. It's not a major part of the story, but it makes for an interesting contrast with Sawyer, the boy who is stuck in summer school when the story begins. Besides school, they have very different personalities: shy and introverted vs. a worldly free spirit. It's a cute flick, and worth a trip to the theater.

Teri
10-21-2011, 11:19 PM
We saw it as a special preview for homeschoolers here. We really enjoyed it too. I loved the cute bubbly homeschooler vs. the socially awkward public schooler...not the usual portrayal of the two.

LovingMyChildren
10-22-2011, 12:54 PM
Definitely a good movie. We went with my middle's school group where she is in 3-day a week preschool, so my oldest who is homeschooled was there with her former classmates who still attend. I think she got a huge kick out of being the only homeschooler in the group we went with, and having such a kick-butt homeschooler portrayed in the movie. Of course, now we wants me to become a marine scientist so she can homeschool the way Hazel does. We are only 45 minutes from the Aquarium so will be going soon :) Winter also has a webcame we like to watch:
www.seewinter.com