PDA

View Full Version : MIL has come around!

Accidental Homeschooler
10-16-2011, 12:28 PM
Last night the in-laws called to chat and MIL told me she thinks we are doing the right thing hsing my older dd. I practically dropped the phone. I was so shocked all I could come out with was, "Uh, thank you." For those of you who have not caught any of my previous rants about her, well, you are lucky and be thankful. But it was an issue for quite a while. The thing that changed her mind about hsing was that my dd is "so much happier". She never stressed about hsing my 6yo, another long negative story, but they really thought we would ruin 13yo dd forever. So, if my in-laws can come around after their initial reaction I believe that anything is possible.

Shoe
10-16-2011, 12:30 PM
So happy to hear that! It's always somewhat stressful and annoying when family members disagree with one's choices.

coloradoalice
10-16-2011, 12:44 PM
That's great!! It's so nice to hear someone come around and it's pretty cool she actually said it to you.

Accidental Homeschooler
10-16-2011, 02:03 PM
That's great!! It's so nice to hear someone come around and it's pretty cool she actually said it to you.

Yes it is and I guess she deserves a lot of credit for that!

pnctink
10-16-2011, 02:51 PM
That's great news!!

JinxieFox
10-16-2011, 05:54 PM
Phew! Sometimes dealing with in-laws or parents can be the absolute worst. Glad she acknowledged that you're doing something very much right when it comes to your teenager's education. :)

Greenmother
10-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Great news!

MarkInMD
10-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Glad to hear that. The more onboard the train, the merrier.

Ayem
10-18-2011, 08:08 AM
That's really encouraging to hear. I have a somewhat similar situation, so it's nice to hear that there can be a change of heart. Sometimes the opposition seems so immovable.

Hampchick
10-18-2011, 08:54 AM
The proof of the pudding is in the eating. That's great to hear. Your MIL deserves a lot of credit for being open enough to see the changes in DD despite her vehement concerns.