PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NE Arkansas/Mempihs!

mom2twoboys
05-16-2010, 04:28 PM
Hello everyone! I'm so glad I found you ;)
I have two sons, two and four, and have just begun to look into the homeschooling option. It's pretty overwhelming! I'm hoping to find some good advice here, as I am in the deep south and have yet to find a secular homeschooling group anywhere close.
My family and I live in NE Arkansas, just across the river from Memphis, where my husband works. If you see this and live close by, please, please let me know so I won't feel so alone ;)

Shoe
05-16-2010, 06:36 PM
Hi Jessica and welcome to the site. You're not alone, even if just for virtual support. This is a great place to get ideas, support and just chew the fat with some like minded people. Don't forget to check out your state's group in the Groups section here. There may be others physically near you on the boards. Overwhelming, yes, but it's a great ride. Enjoy it. I look forward to knowing you better, and don't be afraid of silly questions. There are a lot of experienced homeschoolers here to give you an answer.

Cheers.

reversemigration
05-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Hi Jessica! I know it all seems overwhelming, particularly when finding secular resources and fellow travellers is tough. Don't worry, though...you've got lots of time to get prepared. Plus, there are times when I wish that I'd started with homeschooling earlier - you'll be there from the beginning!

Can I just say that I really like Memphis, too? My wife and I passed through on the return leg of our honeymoon camping trip and stayed at the Peabody (which was a nice change from the tent.) It's a lovely city!

Snoopy
05-16-2010, 09:00 PM
Hi and welcome to the group :)

wuffers
05-17-2010, 08:11 AM
Welcome Jessica! I'm new here too- it certainly is nice to find a place with some likeminded folks.

Mary

Topsy
05-17-2010, 04:11 PM
Welcome, Jessica!! What an exciting stage of the homeschooling journey you are in!! Knowing ahead of time that you want to homeschool means that you will be able to go slowly as you make decisions about your homeschooling style, curriculum, approach, etc. That is the ideal, I assure you!! :) I hope it will also give you time to locate some local secular support, as well. Trust me, they ARE out there...even in the deep south!! ;)

Topsy