PDA

View Full Version : Ancient fast food commercial

dbmamaz
10-10-2011, 09:39 AM
I started thinking about this because I was making rectangular sausage patties, to fit on toast . .. and remembered these rectangular burgers I used to eat as a kid . . . Ginos was my FAVORITE .. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNAKRglg1JM

Shoe
10-10-2011, 09:45 AM
Doesn't Wendy's have rectangular burgers too? I don't know about Gino's-there weren't any around where I grew up. Rectangular sausage patties on toast sounds good.

Riceball_Mommy
10-10-2011, 09:57 AM
They apparently started around here, I don't think I'm old enough to remember them though. My grandfather remembers them, he recently heard they're coming back, and seems a little excited over it.

CatInTheSun
10-10-2011, 10:23 AM
When I read the title I thought you meant "ancient" like the murals at the brothels in Pompeii so foreigners could just point at the "menu" to indicate what they wanted. LOL I'm not ready to be ancient!

DH and I definitely catch ourselves making "cultural references" to commercials from our childhoods which go Waaaayyyyy over the kiddos heads. :D

mommykicksbutt
10-10-2011, 02:45 PM
If I remember right, Crystal Burgers were little square slider burgers, awesome!

When I read the title I thought you meant "ancient" like the murals at the brothels in Pompeii so foreigners could just point at the "menu" to indicate what they wanted. LOL I'm not ready to be ancient!

Did you notice the "penis & balls" symbols in the pavements pointing the way to the brothels in Pompeii? Hysterical! This was so visitors could find the brothers without having to ask directions.

Accidental Homeschooler
10-10-2011, 11:26 PM
I love watching old commercials on YouTube, old being from when I was a kid. I found one for the last doll I ever received for Christmas. I loved that doll. I showed my Dds and they practically wet themselves laughing, they thought it was so stupid.

lakshmi
10-10-2011, 11:27 PM
Doesn't Wendy's have rectangular burgers too? I don't know about Gino's-there weren't any around where I grew up. Rectangular sausage patties on toast sounds good.

Where did you grow up?

Lovely how your brains can take you from burgers to slutty brothels in Pompeii!!! :)