PDA

View Full Version : Free teenagers! Anyone want them?!

Aandwsmom
10-03-2011, 11:30 AM
It is Monday.
It is only 8am.
And my 2 teenagers are going at it already.
:punch:
I am in the bathroom assisting a daycare child and I hear it start in the kitchen.
I seperate them until I am done.
Then we have a discussion about behavior in front of the other kids, etc.
No name calling which is what oldest LOVES to do to youngest.
No kicking or hitting which is what youngest does to oldest in retaliation.
Ok Mom.
They walk back to kitchen and it starts again, while I am standing there.
I said that they have now earned seperate computer times, we switch every 30 min. for the rest of the day. Oldest goes to his room.
Youngest is doing his time but proceeds to kick the table and then yell at me when I tell him to knock it off.
Time out for him now.
UGH!
He was allowed back to do his 30 min. and they are about ready to switch.
It took until April last school year before we had to switch to seperate comp. time because of bickering.... doesnt bode well that it is beg. of Oct and we are already having to do it.

Free to anyone that wants them! They eat a lot, they are smart mouthed, they can be helpful OR extremely lazy.... very smart and easy to homeschool...when they are not fighting and bickering.

Pefa
10-03-2011, 11:34 AM
I think those medieval fostering systems have something to recommend them. Nobody likes their own parents when they're teenagers but other people's parents are great. You might have to find two separate castles though.

Batgirl
10-03-2011, 12:17 PM
Ha, ha, Pefa, I always thought that was a good idea too.

farrarwilliams
10-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Maria Montessori would have suggested you send them to a farm to earn some money.

JinxieFox
10-03-2011, 02:28 PM
I'm with Pefa - two separate castles. Send one here (we have plenty of space) and we'll put him to work immediately. I'm sure a farm must be looking for some winter help tending the sheep.

Greenmother
10-03-2011, 02:46 PM
Rent them to a circus!

Aandwsmom
10-03-2011, 02:47 PM
There are days, where I totally get why some animals eat their young!LOL
I like the rotating homes idea! Should we get a club together of homeschooling families with teenagers and rotate them like every 2-4 weeks?!LOL
I am about ready to print out a TON of worksheets and when they turn into butts, I pull the computer and they get to do worksheets for the day instead.
Bet they straighten up...
Though, they have been better since Mom had a conniption fit.

gidamom
10-03-2011, 03:04 PM
Mine are still not teenagers, and seems like we're dealing with the same things..SIGH

How about we all get a farm and take advantage of the free labor? :/

bcnlvr
10-03-2011, 03:32 PM
Hmmm, time for "Adopt a Highway". That's where I sent mine. We (the secular humanists of the Lowcountry) have our own stretch of road. They got along just fine after wearing reflective gear, picking up refuse, and being ordered around by a mathematician who doesn't stand for laziness. lol Then I had them make a gratitude list. lol

bcn

Crabby Lioness
10-03-2011, 04:12 PM
I need babysitters, gardeners, housecleaners, housepainters, and general day labor, and I have no TV. Make me an offer!

jessica14
10-03-2011, 05:07 PM
I read it to DD 8 and she said, "Sounds like us (DS is 7)." Yes, we have just started hsing for the first time this school year and they bicker ALL THE TIME! Either that or DS is crying or whining over some thing, like school work. Uuuughhh!

brendag
10-09-2011, 09:26 AM
Hmmm, time for "Adopt a Highway". That's where I sent mine. We (the secular humanists of the Lowcountry) have our own stretch of road. They got along just fine after wearing reflective gear, picking up refuse, and being ordered around by a mathematician who doesn't stand for laziness. lol Then I had them make a gratitude list. lol

bcn

Love this!! :D

Brenda

Mum
10-09-2011, 10:50 AM
Maybe a project on Pillories? They could build one as a project and then get locked in it when they bicker.

MarkInMD
10-09-2011, 11:30 AM
I just read this article (http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/print/2011/10/teenage-brains/dobbs-text) in National Geographic this month, all about the teenage brain. Enlightening for when mine get there in the not-so-distant future.

lakshmi
10-10-2011, 12:00 AM
I read it to DD 8 and she said, "Sounds like us (DS is 7)." Yes, we have just started hsing for the first time this school year and they bicker ALL THE TIME! Either that or DS is crying or whining over some thing, like school work. Uuuughhh!

Yes, what she said, except it is the youngest calling names. I don't suppose this could get better?

Mum
10-10-2011, 11:45 AM
I just read this article (http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/print/2011/10/teenage-brains/dobbs-text) in National Geographic this month, all about the teenage brain. Enlightening for when mine get there in the not-so-distant future.

Thanks for linking the article. My stepson just turned 13 ... I'm gonna share it with my husband and his former wife too.