PDA

View Full Version : The main homeschooling issue is getting a bit easier...

Deli76
10-01-2011, 11:01 PM
I didnt want to take my daughter out of school until I found at least one group. Well, so far 3 groups have contacted me...YAY!!! My daughter informed me yesterday that her biggest fear was not having any friends. Well...there is a homeschooler her age down the street, I told my daughter she needs to introduce herself, she will do that when she is ready...and she is becoming more and more curious about her. today we went to a b-day party, the little girls g-ma informed me that yesterday was her last day and she is homeschooling! I had a lot of questions and she was very informative. We exchanged numbers. I let my daughter know that yesterday was her last day and she was going to homeschool too. My daughter was happy about that! Yay! odd thing is, this little girl had the same kinder teacher this year that my daughter had her kinder year. G-ma told me her daughter cried everyday before class. this teacher should not be teaching anymore. she is that bad!!! G-ma told me she homeschooled her 2 older children, is home schooling her 2 youngest and she is now gonna homeschool her granddaughter. I thought what a better way to get some info and ideas! I believe my daughter is just about ready. :)

Shoe
10-01-2011, 11:19 PM
That sounds great! I hope it goes well for you.

MarkInMD
10-01-2011, 11:41 PM
That's certainly a promising start. Hope it continues!

hockeymom
10-02-2011, 04:47 AM
Fantastic news! I hope your daughter is able to make some connections soon.

WindSong
10-02-2011, 07:38 AM
That's fantastic news! It sounds like your dd doesn't need to worry about not having any friends. Sounds like a great start. :)