PDA

View Full Version : Forum Giveaway #2 - 24 hours to enter!!

Topsy
09-23-2011, 07:48 AM
I am super excited to announce our second 24-hour giveaway this week! This time around we are offering a one-year subscription to "The Happy Scientist (http://thehappyscientist.com/)" (a $20 value)!!

With your subscription, you get access to:
* All of the Experiment of the Week videos
* All of the Basic Concepts in Science videos
* All of the Cabinet of Curiosities videos.

In addition to the current videos, every month, there will be new, Subscription-only videos, giving you access to many more videos in the coming year.

On top of all the videos, you get access to hundreds of Robert Krampf's experiments from the archives of the Experiment of the Week newsletter. Sorted by subject, there are hundreds of great ideas for science fair projects, classroom activities, and just plain old fun science.

In book form, these experiments alone would cost more than a one year subscription, and unlike a book, this library keeps growing throughout the year. Be sure to also check out Robert on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheHappyScientist

To enter to win this giveaway, head over to the Happy Scientist's Photo of the Day (http://thehappyscientist.com/blogs/rkrampf)section (grab the kids to view with you) and have some fun scrolling down through the incredible pictures there, then come back here and share the number of one of your favorites - - share why you (or your kids) liked it if you want, too!!

We will choose a random comment from all the entries tomorrow morning at 8am EST, and will post the winner in this thread and will contact them either by email or PM to confirm their win.

Best of luck to all who enter this giveaway today, and as Rob always says, may you have a "wonder-filled day"!! :)

bcnlvr
09-23-2011, 08:33 AM
We liked #641. We actually studied cicadas this week after finding one in the back yard. It was great to find an additional resource to supplement our study!

bcn

Tayonoss
09-23-2011, 08:40 AM
our favorite was #633 ( young red tailed hawk) The animal of the week, that the children were learning about was a hawk, so the children were really interested in that one. :)

farrarwilliams
09-23-2011, 08:43 AM
This was fun!

We liked several of them, but we had a nice discussion about #607 and agreed that was our favorite. We just finished up doing atoms and started elements and somehow our experiments seemed to have a lot of salt involved. The other day, the kids wondered about salt and we looked at it under the microscope. They were quite impressed that the salt in the hand looked as big as their tiny salt had looked when it was magnified. I got a nice "whoa" out of one of them.

Kell
09-23-2011, 02:31 PM
We liked #619 for no reason other than that the boys agree it is the cutest thing they've ever seen.

h5rus
09-23-2011, 02:52 PM
page 23 -the one of the raccoon's. Daughter thought they were adorable!

itsafoot
09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
we like 629, "because it is very pretty and it is cool that it makes hawk sounds."

Spookygirl
09-23-2011, 03:08 PM
We liked #612, because the kitty looks just like our kitty! (I know, they are easily amused, LOL)

allycupe
09-23-2011, 03:12 PM
Loved photo #634 because it started a whole discussion with my 8 year old about bees!

browneyeshs
09-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Our favorite was the young red tailed hawk (#633). The kids have really liked hawks since they watched a presentation with one at Sea World in Orlando, FL.

Teresa

jar7709
09-23-2011, 03:26 PM
#630! We just recieved an ant farm, and just today are starting a little study of ants! fun!

jarpsyd
09-23-2011, 03:44 PM
We love them all - but especially #634 - my girls and I have a fascination with different bees and their "attributes" (or, as the girls say, why we need them!). Great giveaway - thanks!

Greenmother
09-23-2011, 04:36 PM
It was tough. We picked the Shrike #636, because my kids remember the story I used to tell about shrikes here in Oklahoma, catching great big bumble bees and ramming them down on the spike on the barbed wire fence and then eating those bees like we eat corn dogs.

But I saw a Velvet Ant too, and a Tiger Beetle, way back in the collection. Of course that caught our attention because we have photographed critters in those families as well.

bibiche
09-23-2011, 06:02 PM
DS liked all of them, but was especially interested in the red tailed hawk (#633) as there is one currently picking off chickens at the farm where he works.

outskirtsofbs
09-23-2011, 06:15 PM
DD's favorite was #633. She loves hawks and thought this one was beautiful.

Laurie
09-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Our favorite is #627 the shell of an Orthoceras shell because we saw this photo when we had just gone on a tour of a cave and saw one up close!

Topsy
09-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Congratulations to member "itsafoot" for being randomly chosen as the winner of this giveaway from the Happy Scientist. Thanks to all of you who participated in the giveaway. We've had a fun time with these forum giveaways this week!! :)

Tayonoss
09-24-2011, 10:13 AM
gratz itsafoot !!

itsafoot
09-24-2011, 09:31 PM
WooHoo!! We are so excited to win. My dd absolutely LOVES science. Thank you so much!

Lak001
09-27-2011, 02:29 PM
We liked photo#635 of the sweat bee. My daughter and I did a study on bees recently, and we got interesting books from the library about bees. We learnt a lot about bees, how they help in pollination, the bee dances, the different types of bees, and so much more.

Lak001
09-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Congratulations its afoot!! I guess we were a little too late :)