PDA

View Full Version : Lemon chicken and baby potatoes

dbmamaz
09-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Someone on my food allergy list asked for this, and I thought, hey, why not post here? Quantities were for a lot of chicken - marinade originally was for 12 bone-in breasts. I use 4 breasts (sometimes cut in half, but they get kinda dry that way from overcooking), and 8 or so bone-in thighs. My family LOVES this!

Roasted lemon chicken and baby potatoes
Ingredients:
Chicken pieces
Marinade
Small potatoes

marinade:
c fresh lemon juice (5-6)
Scant c Dijon
c olive oil
5 cloves garlic minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
2 Tb lemon zest
opt c parsley

Directions:
Soak chicken pieces in marinade overnight

Wash potatoes and cut in to quarters or so. Toss with olive oil and salt in roasting pan. Make sure there is plenty of room, may need two pans

Heat oven to 400 with potatoes in oven while heating. Cook about 5-10 minutes after preheated, than stir and add chicken, skin side up.

Roast 30 minutes, turn down to 350, and roast another 20 - 30 minutes. Make gravy from drippings

Accidental Homeschooler
09-21-2011, 02:34 PM
Thanks! I have added it to my menu for next week. Feel free to post more as I need all the help I can get.

Shoe
09-21-2011, 03:06 PM
That sounds really good. Thanks for sharing.

skrink
09-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Just saw this - sounds tasty! I'll be adding it to my plan for next week. Thanks!

Accidental Homeschooler
09-26-2011, 08:36 PM
I made it tonight and it was a big hit with all (and really easy). Thanks again!

dbmamaz
09-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you and your liked it too!

Accidental Homeschooler
09-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Yay! I'm so glad you and your liked it too!

Yes, it is definitely a keeper. The chicken was great but I think I could live on those potatoes. Is it because you start them before the oven is preheated? I have never seen a recipe do it that way before. AND I even made gravy!

WindSong
09-26-2011, 10:09 PM
That really sounds good! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I plan on making it this week.

dbmamaz
09-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Idk, they just come out so creamy! I actually only started them before to save time, but they are better if they cook somewhat longer than the chicken.