PDA

View Full Version : Putting DD in PS. :-/

TamaraNC
09-19-2011, 02:15 PM
DH and I operate a small IT company. I can usually get my portion of the work done in just an hour or two a day. Last week, we won a large new client, which is great news, except it'll mean I need to be on the clock all day.

After discussing it with DH, we've agreed that we need to send DD7 to the year-round magnet with DS5, and I'll afterschool them both. During breaks (every 9 weeks, they get 3 weeks off) I'll work a reduced schedule and increase the amount of school they do at home.

I'm not 100% that this is the right decision, but the benefits are pretty clear to us. The thing that's letting me feel OK with it is that it isn't forever. Worse case, I can bring them both home when they're a little older and can work more independently, OR we can afford to move to a district with schools that have more to offer.

Anyway, fingers crossed that it all works out.

inmom
09-19-2011, 02:20 PM
We all need to do what is right for our families at any particular point in time. Best of luck with your decisions. I believe your kids will still do well, as you seem to be an involved, concerned parent.

JinxieFox
09-19-2011, 02:37 PM
You are doing what is best for your family, like Carol said. Good luck and sending positive thoughts for it to work out very well for your family. :)

MarkInMD
09-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Yep, you do what is best at the time. Good news on the contract!

LovingMyChildren
09-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Great news for the contract and maybe not bad news for the children. Sounds lime you have a decent plan worked out. I think sometimes that having the school experience can help the children appreciate the hs experience more when they are older. Even having had preschool makes my dd5 love being at home. All the best!

dbmamaz
09-19-2011, 02:50 PM
Good luck on the transition - life is such an adventure, you never know where you will be next!

TamaraNC
09-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Thanks, guys. I feel intellectually OK with it, but it's taking a little longer to get to emotionally OK. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Stella M
09-19-2011, 04:59 PM
Good luck Tamara! Hope things work out really well. I know just what you mean - took me a while to get my head around the emotional side of choosing to allow dd12 to go to school too. As Cara says, it's an adventure, right ? :)

Lak001
09-19-2011, 08:18 PM
I would send my dd back to school if that's what she wants. Never know what the future holds. Its good to play it by year. Good luck to you, and your children!!

Pefa
09-20-2011, 06:11 AM
Congratulations on the new client. That's fantastic.

It will totally work out. I just hope you won't feel like you can't stop by here and keep us posted.