PDA

View Full Version : Get 10 FREE Scholastic eBooks

Penguin
09-18-2011, 12:39 AM
This is valid until 9/20, so only 3 more days.

This website is selling PDF versions of Scholastic teachers' resource and activity books for $1 each.
http://teacherexpress.scholastic.com/dollardeals?limit=64

Use the coupon code 10THANKS to get $10 off your purchase -- so if you only buy 10 books, they're totally free. These are books that in normal hardcopy range from $7 (for some preschool stuff) to $25 (for one big Math Fun activities book). Even though it says cannot be combined with other offers... I just did it and it works.

Hope this is useful to someone!

hippiewitch
09-18-2011, 10:23 AM
It works! Thank you so much!

LovingMyChildren
09-18-2011, 10:42 AM
Thanks! I just ordered and it also worked :)

Staysee34
09-18-2011, 12:40 PM
It works!! Thanks for passing it along!!

octobersky69
09-18-2011, 01:48 PM
Thank you, I usually miss the good stuff!!!

coloradoalice
09-18-2011, 01:55 PM
Doesn't work for me. It did at first but when I completed check out the discount was gone and it won't let me reapply it.

Urgh.

Penguin
09-18-2011, 04:53 PM
Doesn't work for me. It did at first but when I completed check out the discount was gone and it won't let me reapply it.

Urgh.

Sorry it didn't work for you, coloradoalice. On the mailing list I first saw it on, some people are saying the same thing happened to them. It seems like it's just inconsistent, and sometimes if they go back later it works fine. Maybe try a different browser if you can, or sign up for an account with a different email address, that has worked for some people too, I think. Apparently, their website often has issues at exceptionally busy times. One person got it to work three times for her, using a different email address each time!

Good luck!

DragonFaerie
09-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Ugh! Their site is killing me! It is incredibly slow! Makes it very difficult to search for anything. :-(

DragonFaerie
09-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Took about forever but I was able to use the coupon. Thanks!

ginnyjf
09-18-2011, 07:11 PM
I used it, applied the discount successfully and now I can't open even one of the e-books I purchased, despite using their download instructions. It counted each attempt as a full download and now most of the books are "expired" without ever having a chance to open them. Argh. Oh, well at least I'm not really out anything.

DragonFaerie
09-18-2011, 07:20 PM
I used it, applied the discount successfully and now I can't open even one of the e-books I purchased, despite using their download instructions. It counted each attempt as a full download and now most of the books are "expired" without ever having a chance to open them. Argh. Oh, well at least I'm not really out anything.

I think you can email or call them and they can reset your downloads. Just explain the problem you're having and maybe they can help.

rumbledolly
09-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Nice thanks!

dbmamaz
09-18-2011, 08:54 PM
omg, cant believe how long it takes to even look through all the sale items! and i'll likely not even use them . . . was stupid of me to even LOOK on such a crazy busy day!!!

coloradoalice
09-18-2011, 09:30 PM
Yeah, I went back to try again and my shopping cart is empty. It took me over an hour to figure out what i wanted and i'm not doing that again. Oh well.

dbmamaz
09-18-2011, 09:45 PM
spent over an hour . . . COUPON IS NOT VALID. argggg

I'll probably still get 2 or 3 of them

Mum
09-19-2011, 12:07 AM

What kind of PDF viewer are you using? I used Adobe Acrobat and it worked for me. It wouldn't work on my husband's computer but he refuses to download Adobe.

Tayonoss
09-19-2011, 07:30 AM
it didnt work for me either once ii got to the checkout it took off the discount and tried to charge paypal...but it was worth a try.

octobersky69
09-19-2011, 08:36 AM
I just finished using our 3rd email account, worked all 3 times, using firefox browser and saved downloads directly to my desktop. Yes we have Adobe too, I know yesterday it was running slow, but today seems quicker.

dbmamaz
09-19-2011, 09:54 AM
i could download fine . . .after PAYING for them. i swear I will NEVER go to their website again, i will probably never even USE this stuff

rumbledolly
09-19-2011, 10:14 AM
I had no issue at all - though Cara I did get redirected to paypal to complete the purchase and then remembered I never clicked "apply the coupon". I just back tracked and was able to get them free and download the material. I also found, after speaking to a teacher friend of mine, that if you set up your account first it does work much quicker for some odd reason - probably has to do with cookies and tracking.

I downloaded the following items - if anyone would like me to send them a copy please let me know by sending me a message. These titles are all grades 6-8 or 7 plus with the exception of the first title which I believe was all grades.

5 Easy-to-Read Plays Based on Classic Stories
Making Social Studies Come Alive
American History: Know-the-facts Review Game
U.S. Government & Presidents: Know-the-facts Review Game
Bob Barlow's Book of Brain Boosters
History Comes Alive Teaching Unit: The American Revolution
Real-Life Math Workbook
Real-Life Writing Workbook
Scholastic Book Guides: Roll of Thunder, Hear My Cry
Scholastic Book Guides: Johnny Tremain

I think I may go back with another email addy and do more of the book guides. They had quite a few of the titles I planned on using this year and it will save me time trying to locate my own study guides.

I appreciate you posting this link!

dbmamaz
09-19-2011, 11:40 AM
Um, we did have to click that we agreed the downloads were for personal use, not to be distributed, right?

mitch77
09-19-2011, 01:06 PM
I had trouble downloading them too, and then got the expired notice. So I called their customer service and they explained to me how to download it and resent the ones that had expired. It was a major pain, but I got some good free resources.

jomom75
09-20-2011, 01:24 AM
Just tried and it says the code is invalid :(. Might weed through and buy a few for $1 but for free I would have taken the full 10. Bought from them before with a similar special and just actually used one for the first time today....they are lacking in some ways I find compared to other workbooks we've used before but worth it for $1 or free if you got them that way.

rumbledolly
09-20-2011, 10:17 AM
Um, we did have to click that we agreed the downloads were for personal use, not to be distributed, right?

I contacted them via customer service before I posted I would share. Yes we click off a box saying it's for personal use and yes they said it was fine that I share as they assumed classroom teachers share. I can not sell or post them for sale on any other website nor can I link to my account and have people download.

So no worries the bases are covered.

wife&mommy
09-20-2011, 12:01 PM
Saying not valid for me as well. Thanks for sharing anyway, though! :)

coloradoalice
09-20-2011, 11:15 PM
I contacted them with my issue and they fixed it all for me so yay, I got 10 books for free!!

dragonfly
09-22-2011, 12:38 PM
They've extended the sale until 9/24.

At first, the coupon code didn't work for me, but here's how I got it to work (after a suggestion on a coupon code site):

Add an item to your cart that is NOT on sale. There are a lot of things available for under a dollar at regular price. Then, apply the coupon code and it will work. (At least, it did for me.) This means that you can only get nine other things if you still want it to be free, but who cares, it's free!

beachmama
09-22-2011, 02:21 PM
Just FYI, the code has not worked for me but the $1.00 sale has been extended till the 24th.

dragonfly
09-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Just FYI, the code has not worked for me but the $1.00 sale has been extended till the 24th.

Did you try the method I suggested above? It worked for me today.