PDA

View Full Version : recipes for playdough

Tayonoss
09-16-2011, 12:18 PM
hi we found a lot of free recipes for playdough. Do you guys have any specific ones that you like more than others? Mine is the one made with jello.

:)

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
09-16-2011, 01:33 PM
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups salt
6 tsp. cream of tartar
6 TBSP. vegetable oil
3 cups water mixed with food coloring of your choice (use lots--it fades when mixed with the flour)

Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl. Add water and oil and mix well until most lumps are gone. Push through a fine, mesh strainer into a large pot. Cook on the stove at medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon until thick and not tacky to the touch. Let cool and store in a large ziplock bag or sealed container.

Amanadoo
09-16-2011, 02:33 PM
One cup flour (I used some whole wheat flour we didn't like to eat), one cup salt and half a cup of water. You just mix it with your hands and work with it until it isn't sticky. Easy, peasy lemon squeazy.

I've been taking the dough after the boys play with it and shaping it up into little volcano shapes with a flat circle in the top, then drying them! Then I leave them on top of the dryer or the dehydrator and they dry fabulously. They are for my son's impending volcano themed birthday party :)

Tayonoss
09-16-2011, 03:21 PM
I have never thought about drying the playdough after she is done with it but I will now :)

Our recipe is 1 cup flour, 1 cup salt, 2 tsp cream of tarter 3/4 cup of boiling water and 1/2 pkg of jello. add in bowl and sprinkle in extra flour when needed.

The kids love it with the jello because it colors it and of course it smells pretty.

dbmamaz
09-16-2011, 07:50 PM
I've heard of using koolaide, but not jello. I have to make with corn starch, because we are gluten free.

Tayonoss
09-16-2011, 09:21 PM
We have used cornstarch and also coffee grounds( used then dried) as we have had children come over allergic to flour. I have never tried the koolaid but i am sure its similar to the jello.

Karrin Radcliffe
10-23-2011, 10:43 AM
My best playdoh reciepe: 2 cups of flour
1/2 cup salt
2 pkgs of Koolaid-cherry doesn't work well, blue ones, grape, orange, and lime work best
3 Tblspoons cooking oil
2 cups VERY hot water

Mix flour, salt and koolaid, add oil and stir, add water and stir. As you stir it will come together and be somewhat sticky. Dump it out on the counter and knead until silky. The more you knead it the better it gets. Color will brighten as you knead and kids like the smell.