PDA

View Full Version : Editing on ipad

dbmamaz
09-15-2011, 08:24 AM
Ok, this is not a big issue, but thought I'd mention it in case there is an easy fix

When I am creating or editing a post on my iPad, I can't figure out how to make the text inside the edit box scroll up or down. You may have noticed I have a tendency to post long threads . . .so this can be really frustrating for me!

pandahoneybee
09-15-2011, 09:37 AM
I will ask Michael about it:) and see what he says, if anyone would know it would be him or Topsy!

Michael
09-15-2011, 09:56 AM
Hello,

This will actually depend on the version of iOS you have on your iPad.

When you tap within the text area when you are creating your message. For example if you were wanting to move the cursor to another word. If you hold down your finger on the screen and scroll as if you were wanting to scroll the entire page, this will let you move through your message.

I have tested this on iOS versions 4 and 5, just tested again prior to replying.

Let me know if this helps and if you are still having issues let me know what version of iOS you are using.

thanks

Michael

Lak001
09-15-2011, 11:33 PM
I had the same issues. And then I realized there are two very tiny scrollers located on the right side corner. I don't know if that's the issue that was fixed. Just thought I,ll mention it.
Edited: just edited something and those tiny scrollers were still visible.

dbmamaz
09-16-2011, 12:09 AM
Awesome! I found the little arrows, which I think just make the editing box bigger and smaller, and I managed to hold the finger in the editing box while scrolling w the other hand, outside the editing box, and it worked . . .slowly and jerkily, but still.

I still have trouble w using the right touch for the right thing . . .when I was trying to figure out how to tap inside the editing area, it kept selecting the whole box for copying. Am I old?