PDA

View Full Version : hi from southern california!

crumpett
05-11-2010, 02:49 PM
Hi everyone, im a sahm of two darling girlies so far, Chelsea 3.5 and Brooklyn 1. We're planning on homeschooling at this point because we feel it will be much more efficient and far superior academically. We've started doing a bit of preK stuff at home with Chelsea (she also attends regular preschool part time) but the plan is to homeschool fully from K-12. We're also quite certain it will help us to maintain a positive family dynamic as our children grow older and im really excited about the whole prospect, although im still a little nervous since its so unconventional and well, its hard to be different sometimes! But Im just so thrilled to find this site, as my husband and I are very very secular LOL, i know it will help knowing im not alone in this adventure! Cant wait to get to know you all better! :)

Shoe
05-11-2010, 03:07 PM
Welcome to the site. I wish I'd thought about homeschooling when my kids were much younger. Lots of good folks around here to help you out.

Cheers.

pandahoneybee
05-11-2010, 06:32 PM
Welcome to this great bunch! I wish that I had started my homeschool journey much sooner with my two boys! Let us know if you have any questions!

Snoopy
05-11-2010, 10:11 PM
Welcome Crumpett! Congrats on being so aware of homeschooling as an option with your kids being still so young! Noah never went to school but when he was 3.5, I hadn't even heard of homeschooling yet and didn't realize that I was already doing it at home, lol. It was relief when I found out that there was indeed a valid alternative to p.s. for him since he didn't want to go! Take your time and read the older posts, there's tons of great info on the forums about all kinds of different subjects and don't be afraid to ask questions. There are no dumb questions :)

Topsy
05-12-2010, 11:43 AM
Glad to have you here, Crumpett!! This is a fun place to hang out, for sure. It's so great that you already know you want to homeschool - - definitely was an "accident" for us...a delightful accident, though!! ;) We have a group for those who are homeschooling preschoolers (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=14), if you want to join. And please feel free to jump in with any questions you have about things - - our members have LOADS of good advice about homeschooling!

Topsy

Baberry
05-13-2010, 01:41 AM
Hi, from another secular homeschooler from California. This is a really great site with really amazing homeschoolers. Enjoy the journey.