PDA

View Full Version : Having difficulty starting a 4H group..help needed!

krlaz
09-13-2011, 04:11 PM
I am so excited to start a 4H Cloverbuds group in my area. I have 5 kids all ready to join our group, but I am unable to connect with anyone at the 4H office to find out how to start the group! It has been weeks now, and I can't get anyone to call or email me back about the process. I see some forms online, but it is unclear which ones I need to complete. Do you have any advice for me? How did you start your group?

Does each member complete a certain form?
How does each member pay?

I know things may differ in other areas of the country, but I am just so frustrated and thought I would ask here for help! I just want to start the group and get on our way!

Thanks.

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
09-13-2011, 05:38 PM
Is there another 4-H group in the area who could give you a better way to contact the office (a specific person's email or phone number)? How frustrating. My daughter just joined an established group, so I don't have any other advice, unfortunately.

coloradoalice
09-13-2011, 06:30 PM
We joined an established group also. If there's any way maybe you can go to the extension office and find a real person to talk to? I know here our office is understaffed and had funding cut again this year. If your office is in the same boat or it's volunteers things could be tricky.

dbmamaz
09-13-2011, 09:00 PM
I think in my area, the local ag extension office does that?

krlaz
09-13-2011, 10:49 PM
Good idea to contact an existing group and go from there. I do agree that they seem very understaffed, so I'll need to try a more creative approach.

Pilgrim
09-13-2011, 11:10 PM
We're in a group already, but the other day, I had to drop off some forms and found that the 4H office had been consolidated into another county office. Seems a lack of staffing is a common theme, unfortunately.