PDA

View Full Version : Finally! I get Homeschool Tracker Plus!

Shoe
09-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Wow. It's only taken me about a year, with several views of the instructional videos, several read throughs of the user manual and lots and lots of playing around with it, but I think I've finally got Homeschool Tracker (http://homeschooltracker.com/tracker_plus.aspx) so that I can actually use it and find it helpful! :)

I'm so excited, because it's been really frustrating up until this point. I don't know if I'm just a bit dim or what...but I've finally got it!

Anyone else use it (or given up on using it because of frustration)?

JinxieFox
09-05-2011, 06:17 AM
It took me a while to learn it. First, I focused on using it *just* to record attendance and work done each day. The following year, I moved up to using the reading log too. This year, I've figured out how to utilize it for lesson planning. It definitely takes time and playing around with it to get the hang of the program!

dbmamaz
09-05-2011, 01:22 PM
totally different, but since i dont have to keep logs anyways, i just started playing w Cozi, which is a family organizer, hoping I can use that to give Orion his assignments, and perhaps even chores? we'll see

hreneeh
09-05-2011, 03:35 PM
I got it pretty quickly BUT I design databases as a hobby! So I think I throw the curve a bit.

Shoe
09-05-2011, 08:26 PM
It took me a while to learn it. First, I focused on using it *just* to record attendance and work done each day. The following year, I moved up to using the reading log too. This year, I've figured out how to utilize it for lesson planning. It definitely takes time and playing around with it to get the hang of the program!When I say I "got" it, I mean, I can now print out their weekly assignments, keep track of attendance and record their grades, and do it all in the current year. Oh yeah, and get it down to two students "M" & "C" instead of three-M, C and "default". Anything else it does is still for me to learn.

totally different, but since i dont have to keep logs anyways, i just started playing w Cozi, which is a family organizer, hoping I can use that to give Orion his assignments, and perhaps even chores? we'll see Someone recommended Cozi to me, but I never downloaded it. Let me know how you like it.

I got it pretty quickly BUT I design databases as a hobby! So I think I throw the curve a bit.Yeah, I'm not good with using, let alone designing databases. I can't even figure out the basics of Microsoft Excel, even after several tutorials. I'm good with some things, but this kind of thing definitely is not one of them.

floridamom
09-08-2011, 12:11 AM
totally different, but since i dont have to keep logs anyways, i just started playing w Cozi, which is a family organizer, hoping I can use that to give Orion his assignments, and perhaps even chores? we'll see

Not to derail, but I'd love to hear how you use it and how it works for you (I know you're just starting - I mean after you've tried it a while). We use Cozi, but have never used more than the calendar and shopping list. All 3 of us have it on our computers, dh and I on our phones, and ds on his iPod Touch.

dbmamaz
09-08-2011, 08:32 AM
Haven't gotten far yet . . .can't imagine using the shopping list, we like the paper one in the kitchen . . .it's right there when you realize you need something, and it took me years to teach my family to use it!

The main thing we are thinking of is that I can give my soon his assignments on a to do list, and then he can use his iPod touch as his assignment book, sort of. We are thinking of experimenting with him just doing the assignments when he wants, instead of me scheduling . . .except he still needs me sometimes for math and English. Well see.