PDA

View Full Version : Pen pal for elementary gamer

dbmamaz
08-22-2011, 12:26 PM
I am looking for a pen pal for my son. He will be entering 3rd grade, but his writing is a bit below 3rd grade in fact, this will be our first year doing writing other than copy work/handwriting. So Im looking for inspiration!

He is a serious gamer, logic/math/gaming are his big things. His list of what hes interested in: castle crushers, super smash bros brawl, roblox, let's play videos, digimon, sergeant frog, minecraft, spore galactic adventures, reading Garfield and listening to book 2 of dragon keepers series.

Let me know if anyone has a child who would be interested in being either paper or electronic pen pal!

Brittaya
08-22-2011, 06:10 PM
My little guy has two homeschooler pen pals right now and he loves it, I have to write for him as he's still preschool age but he likes to draw the pictures and answer the questions. Too bad my little guy is too young for yours. I hope you find someone for him to write to.

Stella M
08-22-2011, 07:29 PM
Mine is into games big time, but mostly Mario and Star Wars. He tells me he also like Deltora Quest and Horrible Histories. PM me if that intersects with your ds and his interests. He's 7.5.

hippiewitch
08-22-2011, 11:35 PM
My middle son is very interested in being a paper pen pal! He loves games, including Roblox, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Spore, and creating his own cartoons on Powerpoint. He's 9, and also needs to practice his handwriting. PM me if you want!

Mum
08-27-2011, 06:51 PM
My boy is going into third with writing issues too.
He's obsessed with Godzilla movies and Godzilla toys. He loves the Garfield comics. He likes Calvin and Hobbes a lot too. He's also into Legos, snakes and skateboarding.

He enjoyed the summer postcard exchange so I bet he'd enjoy being a pen pal. He's never had one before. If you PM me your address, we'll send him something.

Pefa
08-28-2011, 03:15 PM
BOO would be very happy to pen pal. Much as I'd like my boys to be able to use a pencil and paper, realistically they're going to have to carry electronic gadgets with them at all times, so electronic correspondence might be better. Minecraft is a huge obsession right now.

aliciakydo
08-05-2015, 11:21 PM
Did you get connected with a pen pal? I have a 7.5 year old boy that I am homeschooling for the first time. Hes really into collecting cards, bike riding, reading, math. He also loves any and all mario games!