PDA

View Full Version : because the comments tell us there are too many ignorant people in the world!

Dutchbabiesx2
08-20-2011, 01:24 AM
http://www.circleofmoms.com/article/unschoolers-say-school-overrated-skip-00960?trk=topic_list_title

There are people who are defending unschooling, but the other people really think government institution is the only way to be prepared in the world . . .lucky us we know better ;)

Stella M
08-20-2011, 03:09 AM
When I recover from the stupidly self imposed trauma of lurking my way through a (mainly) pro spanking thread elsewhere, and the stress involved in thinking about RU again, I'll come back and read this. Promise :)

farrarwilliams
08-20-2011, 09:27 AM
I can't read the comments on there or Parents Connect or any of those really mainstream parenting sites. They're just... ignorant.

bcnlvr
08-20-2011, 09:32 AM
I can't read the comments on there or Parents Connect or any of those really mainstream parenting sites. They're just... ignorant.

I should just follow farrar around saying, "Yeah, what she said!". I read her posts, agree entirely (have nothing to add), and end up not posting! lol :)

bcn

Wild~Iris
08-20-2011, 11:46 AM
http://www.circleofmoms.com/article/unschoolers-say-school-overrated-skip-00960?trk=topic_list_title

There are people who are defending unschooling, but the other people really think government institution is the only way to be prepared in the world . . .lucky us we know better ;)
The comments on this site and link to the CNN unschooling article are more fair than your post reflects.

DragonFaerie
08-20-2011, 02:02 PM
I, too, was amused by the number of misspelled words and/or incorrect grammar, particularly in the posts advocating public school. LOL

"umm...i definatley ain't "unschooling" my son. i had to go to school so he has to too. besides thats how they get friends and learn how to socialize and all that stuff. and gives them something to do during the day."

ROFL..... Yes, it clearly turned out so beneficial for this poster. I'm so glad her son will get the same "quality" education.

farrarwilliams
08-20-2011, 04:01 PM
I should just follow farrar around saying, "Yeah, what she said!". I read her posts, agree entirely (have nothing to add), and end up not posting! lol :)

bcn

Where that little I agree sign?:_laugh:

Thanks, Bacon.

Stella M
08-20-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm not surprised. This is how most comments go; ignorance, a few people jump in to clarify and defend, one or two people see the value but 'couldn't do it themselves', more ignorance, a few more people make it clear that those lazy unschoolers aren't related to homeschoolers etc etc. Kind of depressing.

momofgrlz
08-21-2011, 08:22 AM
"umm...i definatley ain't "unschooling" my son. i had to go to school so he has to too. besides thats how they get friends and learn how to socialize and all that stuff. and gives them something to do during the day"

HAHAHAHA!! Like the op said....The comments tell it all. This was just the funniest thing I read. Yeah because my kids "ain't got nothin to do all day" The playdates, drama class, spanish class, art class, girl scouts, park dates, field trips with friends, co-op on top of doing all our school work just "ain't" enough. HAHAHAHA! Yeah, what can you do there are ignorant people. I have to deal with the ignorance of living in the south and not being Christian, about having a biracial family and having food allergies. I hear so many ignorant comments I figured hey why not homeschool to. LOL!!

Jackielyn
08-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Why do people pass judgement when they have no idea what "unschooling" is or done any research on homeschooling??? agh...