PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

2much2luv
05-04-2010, 01:58 AM
Hi all. :) My name is Beth and I am homeschooling my four lovely daughters in the midst of Colorado.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3585/4554965506_6a2c052f04.jpg
(aren't they cute?)
I actually found your site this afternoon while planning our fall supply list and getting frustrated with having to comb through book and curriculum descriptions to make sure they weren't religious. Why oh why do I have to do that??? Anyway, I did a search for "secular homeschooling", happened upon this board, and it seemed like a neat place so here I am. :)
We are eclectic homeschoolers using a mish-mash of whatever works at any given moment. My kids are 9 (terrifyingly close to 10), 8, 6, and 2 almost 3.
Anyway, I am happy to be here and it is a pleasure to meet you all.

Riceball_Mommy
05-04-2010, 09:26 AM
Welcome to the site, and your daughters are very cute.

Shoe
05-04-2010, 10:30 AM
Welcome Beth. Nice to meet you.

Snoopy
05-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Hi Beth and family, welcome to the group :)

Firefly_Mom
05-04-2010, 01:18 PM
I actually found your site this afternoon while planning our fall supply list and getting frustrated with having to comb through book and curriculum descriptions to make sure they weren't religious. Why oh why do I have to do that???

Welcome to the group! And I can totally sympathize with your frustration. We recently got a book that had been HIGHLY recommended, only to find that there was so much religious stuff in it, it made it too frustrating for my son to even wade through. Luckily we had borrowed it from the library, so we didn't waste any money on it.

LJean
05-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Hello and welcome!

reversemigration
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Welcome, Beth. I look forward to hearing more about the adventures you have with your lovely daughters!

Cyndi
05-05-2010, 03:20 PM
Hi Beth! I am also new to this website as of today. Curious about where in Colorado you live? I live on the Western Slope in Grand Junction where, so far, I haven't met another secular homeschool family. My son and I are planning to homeschool him starting in the fall. He is 12 years old. You don't, by chance, live on the Western Slope, do you?

Topsy
05-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Welcome, Beth! FOUR daughters....((sigh)). Having a little estrogen envy, here. I adore my two sons, but just occasionally, I really get a hankering for a tea party! ;) Your daughters are lovely. So glad you found us, and I hope you will make yourself right at home. Be sure to drop in and add yourself to the CO group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=64)! And check out our list of secular homeschooling curriculum on the resource page. (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/content/192-resources) Here's hoping you find something that works well for you next year!

Topsy

2much2luv
05-08-2010, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the warm welcomes! :)

Cyndi, we are in Gunnison! Right smack dab in the middle of nowhere. Other secular homeschoolers are hard come by here too.

I'll check those out, Topsy. :)