PDA

View Full Version : What do you want for Mother's/Father's Day?

Snoopy
05-04-2010, 12:48 AM
I know, I know, we're supposed to be happy with some artwork from the kids. And I will. I got a potter's wheel kit at Michael's last week and Noah is going to make me something this week :) My older kids are supposed to schedule a day for us to spend together on Sunday but based on past experience, I think they'll come that day and say "So, what do YOU want to do??" and I'll have to plan the whole thing, which will mean that I'll give them free videogame playing priviledges for the day and I'll go take a bubble bath with my book and strict instructions to only call me if someone is bleeding and DH is nowhere to be found, lol.

But... what do you really wish you would get? I told my DH that if everything else falls through, I wouldn't mind him getting me a year of Amazon Prime on behalf of the kids. Totally frivolous, I know (well, for a frugal person, it's really frivolous!), but I really miss it.

Melyssa
05-04-2010, 01:23 AM
I want this very small, purple, Kodak camera (http://www.amazon.com/Kodak-EasyShare-M580-Digital-Pink/dp/B0031RGGBG/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2CIRY5ZJHLH5A&colid=24RIOR5FX6548) that is easy to slip into a pocket or purse for when we're out and about. I have a nice Canon but don't like using it much and am never happy with the color quality of my photos. I had two cheap Kodaks in years past that took better pictures, honestly. LOL

And it's not that I love to cook, or bake (which I almost never do) but it seems any time I do cook in the kitchen I get messes on my shirts and have ruined good shirts that way. Sometimes I put on old t-shirts but often forget so....I want my own apron. My daughter has a nice one so I want one too. I want this purple one with owls on it (http://www.amazon.com/Sassy-Cookn-Purple-Peepers-Apron/dp/B002RT86VM/ref=wl_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I142A8GAGPJNDG&colid=24RIOR5FX6548). I love owls. And purple.

I'd love one of those magnetic silver pendant necklaces where you can exchange the face of it with different colors and such. They sell them here at a local bookstore.

Will I get any of these things? Doubtful. I'll end up buying them for myself most likely. LOL I usually get flowers, good chocolate, and a couple nice gifts of jewelry. That is fine too. I'm not that picky about it all really. And I love to eat out and my husband doesn't really so on my holidays I always get taken out to eat to wherever I want.

2much2luv
05-04-2010, 01:50 AM
This! (http://www.starbucksstore.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=275231) nesting tea set from starbucks.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/4576979889_03e9936f57_o.jpg

I saw only one at our only local starbucks and I mentioned it to my husband, so we'll have to see if he remembered to grab it up in time. :o

JinxieFox
05-04-2010, 04:20 AM
I want my son to go to bed early on Saturday night, for him to behave well on Sunday, and my husband's flight to land on time, so we can have dinner together. :)

Wilma
05-04-2010, 08:49 AM
I want a Scentsy Craftsman warmer, but it has been discontinued so I don't think there is enough time to get it.

I have been wanting a new slow cooker for year. Romantic, I know. Kohls sells one that is marketed by Food Network. It is programmable, has an enameled liner. I was having a hard time finding one because I didn't want a ceramic insert or one with a non-stick coating.

I would also love several KnockOut rose bushes. Love those. Evergreen except in the hardest of freezes, no thorns, you can sheer them like a regular hedge, prolific bloomers, very disease resistant. I know just where to put them, too!

camaro
05-04-2010, 10:13 AM
My wife "suggested" that she might like a gift certificate for a pedicure for Mother's Day. I've learned that when a woman suggests something it isn't really a suggestion, is it? Anyway, she's going under the knife for gall bladder surgery today so perhaps it's a perfect opportunity for me to pick that up for her. I'll probably also try to find a project for the 3 Ms to do for her, too.

Looking ahead to Father's Day, I don't really want anything. I've got plenty of "stuff" already. When is it anyway? Oh, June 20. Well, I suppose I could hope it's a cold, rainy day so I don't have to work outside that day. I'd love to spend a lazy day doin' nothin'.

Snoopy
05-04-2010, 11:17 AM
This! (http://www.starbucksstore.com/products/shprodde.asp?SKU=275231) nesting tea set from starbucks.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4030/4576979889_03e9936f57_o.jpg

I saw only one at our only local starbucks and I mentioned it to my husband, so we'll have to see if he remembered to grab it up in time. :o

How cute! The "mentioning it to my husband and hoping he'll remember to buy it" NEVER works for me. I usually end up buying my own presents but it's getting a little old... although it is the only way for me to get what I actually want because if I tell him what to buy outright, he'll just ask me why I didn't buy it myself. Argh.

How did you manage to insert the picture inside the message?!? I tried doing that the other day but it only showed the URL instead of the picture itself. Are you hosting it on Picasa or Flickr or something like that?

Snoopy
05-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Anyway, she's going under the knife for gall bladder surgery today David, i hope everything goes well with that. Keep us updated! Best wishes to her.

elinnea
05-04-2010, 12:57 PM
Dh is gone alot on business- stuff like gone for three weeks, home for the weekend and then gone for two weeks, etc. This year he has been gone more than he's been at home. What I'd really like is a day all for ME- no work, no responsiblities....at the very least for everyone to get along, do their chores without fuss and constant reminding and for my 21 month old dd to nap when she is "supposed" to. I don't think anything of this is going to happen though.

LJean
05-04-2010, 01:58 PM
I really have no idea. I am supposed to be making a list, but can't think of a thing. It is my birthday and wedding anniversary the same weekend, LOL

Snoopy
05-04-2010, 03:28 PM
I really have no idea. I am supposed to be making a list, but can't think of a thing. It is my birthday and wedding anniversary the same weekend, LOL

Wow, you're hitting the jackpot! At the same time, the rest of the year must be meh, no? My birthday is kind of close to Xmas and I always hated that. I hope that you get a BIG gift!

2much2luv
05-04-2010, 07:14 PM
How did you manage to insert the picture inside the message?!? I tried doing that the other day but it only showed the URL instead of the picture itself. Are you hosting it on Picasa or Flickr or something like that?

I use Flickr.

dbmamaz
05-04-2010, 08:37 PM
I used to spend mothers day gardening, planting flowers . . . but i've been having less energy for gardening recently. I tend to ignore it, mostly - what I want is the kids to say 'happy mother day' and give me a hug. Seriously. If i remind dh that morning, it might even happen.

Snoopy
05-04-2010, 09:10 PM
what I want is the kids to say 'happy mother day' and give me a hug. Seriously. If i remind dh that morning, it might even happen.

I hear you. I just called my 14 y.o. son over at his dad's and I said "I love you" and he said "OK". Now, Noah will tell me he loves me a hundred of times a day and he is planning on living with me forever. I told him that in about 6 years he'd be singing a different tune, lol. He doesn't believe me. Can't wait for the 14 year-old to get over puberty.

Firefly_Mom
05-05-2010, 01:15 AM
For Mother's Day, I would like my 14 year old son to clean his room. I'm beginning to fear that the dust bunnies are going to use the billions of Legos in there to build weapons of mass destruction, and stage a coup.

Snoopy
05-05-2010, 08:56 AM
For Mother's Day, I would like my 14 year old son to clean his room. I'm beginning to fear that the dust bunnies are going to use the billions of Legos in there to build weapons of mass destruction, and stage a coup. Oooooooh another good wish!

callie
05-05-2010, 10:02 AM
I want DH to get up with the kids so I can sleep in. In a perfect world he would cook breakfast and clean the house while I am still sleeping. Since that will not happen I wouldn't mind getting 2 hanging baskets for my front porch. I won't spend the $30 to get them myself so maybe DH will remember. lol

I have no idea what the boys will get DH for Father's Day. The only stuff he ever mentions wanting costs way too much. Maybe some of the men could suggest some stuff to us moms that will inevitably be buying the gifts.

Topsy
05-05-2010, 11:54 AM
For Mother's Day, I would like my 14 year old son to clean his room. I'm beginning to fear that the dust bunnies are going to use the billions of Legos in there to build weapons of mass destruction, and stage a coup.

WITHOUT being asked, too!!! I counted 14 root beer cans on my youngest son's computer desk the other day. FOURTEEN!!!! When I asked him about it, he said they were for decoration. Smart ass. I can't wait to see how lovely and "decorated" he feels when the ants are having a hey day all over his computer keyboard.

Me...well...I just closed the curtains on my blog of two years, and I'm thinking I would really like to have the whole thing put into book form as sort of a memento of what we've been up to for these last couple years. So that's what I'm asking for. A bloggy book!!

Topsy

Snoopy
05-05-2010, 01:59 PM
Me...well...I just closed the curtains on my blog of two years, and I'm thinking I would really like to have the whole thing put into book form as sort of a memento of what we've been up to for these last couple years. So that's what I'm asking for. A bloggy book!!
Topsy
Can you do that? I mean is there a service that can turn your blog into a book? I have too many blogs that are still "ON" just because I enjoy reading my own posts from way back when. I had started backing them up on MS Word at some point, but I haven't done that in years.

hjdong
05-05-2010, 02:05 PM
I asked for Amazon Prime as well. And a birdfeeder. I bought the kit and have been reminding (hmm, nagging?) them that it actually needs to get built before mother's day. Technically, it's not much of a present since James broke my old birdfeeder and this is penance, but I'll take it.

Firefly_Mom
05-05-2010, 02:18 PM
Can you do that? I mean is there a service that can turn your blog into a book?.

There are quite a few services out there that will do this. Just google something like: turn blog into a book - and you'll get a whole host of sites.

And, Topsy - I understand your decision to stop blogging, but we're all going to miss you! Even hubby reads your blog :)

jab300
05-05-2010, 02:36 PM
That's a great idea for a gift, making a book of your blog. I looked into that with Blurb and it's a bit costly (especially if you post a lot like me lol.) I got a $10 coupon in the mail from J.C.Penney and went and bought my annual new gown with it and there happened to be a cute robe on clearance so I got that as well. I'm happy and the boys don't have to shop. :)

reversemigration
05-05-2010, 04:20 PM
I'd love two extra hours of sleep. Last year, I asked for my present to be "no breakfast in bed." Sometimes no gift is a good gift, too!

dbmamaz
05-05-2010, 05:02 PM
Usually dh wants time alone . . . like i take the kids out of the house for a few hours and he just sits and play WOW in the silence.

LJean
05-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Wow, you're hitting the jackpot! At the same time, the rest of the year must be meh, no? My birthday is kind of close to Xmas and I always hated that. I hope that you get a BIG gift!

My husband's birthday is the day after Christmas. We save birthday gifts for that so he doesn't seem to lose out. As for getting a big gift, I can't think of anything I want or need, LOL I did mention needing a bigger tank and better filter for the turtle though. He usually gets me what I put on the list. He is good to me. ;)

Dh wants an edger for the yard for father's day. I will get him that and a few other gardening tools.