PDA

View Full Version : not a 100% yet

silverbeowulf
07-31-2011, 08:44 AM
i am not a teacher...i had a dream of being one..but truth be told...i dont have a brain..no really most of the time i feel if i do have a brain it is off and i dont know where the on switch is. my hope was to home school my daughter for the summer to keep everything in her head. Yeah no good there..i cant pull her out of school if i can't be a good teacher to her. im so lost i dont even no where to start now. i have some good supplies for teaching, when where dream was to be a teacher you always grab those good sales, or garage/yard sales. im having a hard time with lesson plan. im hoping that this year i can volunteer at her school at class mom, that should help. I do know that with everything i have learned with my daughter i should be a good teacher for my nine month old. Live and learn.

bcnlvr
07-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Just my 0.02, perhaps you can afterschool. There are a lot of resources for afterschooling on the 'net (google is a verb, right?)? You could try your hand at it. I have found that I am not really "teaching" my ds. It's more like coaching or mentoring much of the time. For us, hsing is not "schooling at home". It is totally different. :)

bcn

mommalee93
07-31-2011, 11:02 AM
I agree, that I do little teaching my oldest. He teaches himself and I coach him and read to him. My middle son is just starting out so I have more teaching to do with him. No one is perfect on here and we all have moments where we wonder if we are teaching them the right things, teaching them enough, or screwing them up completely!