PDA

View Full Version : Free Family Film Festival @ Regal Theatres this summer

Snoopy
05-01-2010, 10:23 PM
http://www.regmovies.com/nowshowing/familyfilmfestivalschedule.aspx

We have planned a fun-filled summer of select movies for kids and parents. Regal has proudly offered this free summer fun since 1991. Oh, did we mention that itís FREE!
Selected G or PG movies start at 10:00am every Tuesday and Wednesday during the festival. Tickets and seating are first-come, first-served and are limited to theatre capacity.
The Free Family Film Festival is safe, lots of fun and a great way for kids to spend a weekday morning in the summer. Tickets for our 2010 Free Family Film Festival are exclusively available at select theatresí box office on the day of the show.

Shoe
05-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Sounds great...I'll look into it locally. Thanks

Melyssa
05-02-2010, 04:13 AM
We always try to do a few of these every year. Sometimes other theater chains do it also. Fun!

dbmamaz
05-02-2010, 10:38 AM
I've heard that ours get overrun with summer camps!

paojava
05-02-2010, 10:45 AM
If you have AMF bowling near you--check them out. Kids can bowl 2 free games a day if you register them! Only pay for shoes...

http://www.kidsbowlfree.com/amf.php

Snoopy
05-02-2010, 11:47 AM
I've heard that ours get overrun with summer camps!

Ours do too. I always look up those programs and we never go because it's always movies we've already seen on DVD or don't want to see. This summer I told our homeschooling friends that I'll organize movie afternoons at my house so as long as they're willing to drop off and pick up their kids, I'll provide the movies and snacks.

Melyssa
05-02-2010, 04:01 PM
I've seen that happen too with all the day camp kids coming in. Last year I had a nasty run-in with one of the teenage camp counselors. We got there early on purpose to get a good seat down towards the middle in the first row. We'd been there quite awhile and some girl comes up and tells us we have to move because the camp is coming in. I wouldn't budge and I told her why and that she had no right to dictate seats for a FREE movie. Geesh. Get a grip. I got the evil eye but what was she gonna do? LOL

jab300
05-04-2010, 01:05 PM
None in our area. No bowling either. I like your idea of hosting a movie day at home. :)

LJean
05-04-2010, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't even attempt a free movie. I prefer to see them when the theater is empty.

Shoe
05-05-2010, 09:02 AM
I wouldn't even attempt a free movie. I prefer to see them when the theater is empty.

That goes for me too. I've found that weekday matinees during the "regular" school year works really well for that. The last time I did that, I was the only person in the theater (didn't take my kids that day) - best viewing experience I've had in a long time!

LJean
05-07-2010, 11:24 AM
That goes for me too. I've found that weekday matinees during the "regular" school year works really well for that. The last time I did that, I was the only person in the theater (didn't take my kids that day) - best viewing experience I've had in a long time!

It's a mad house otherwise! Even with my daughter in school, I would take her out for the day so we can see a movie together when there isn't such a crowd. :)