PDA

View Full Version : Online Fun and Learning for Girls 7-12

homeschool4two
07-17-2011, 11:05 AM
A few months ago my daughter got a membership to Always Icecream, an online game site dedicated specially to girls aged 7-12. Ihave been recommending the site ever since because it is a great site and she loves playing it. There is a "MiniWorld" on the site where she can build and decorate a virtual house, create her own artwork, decorate furniture and she can even raise virtual pets- which is her favorite thing to do. I think at the moment she has a turtle, a dog, a cat and a rabbit. And I like her playing on the site because it is educational - in order to play in MiniWorld, she needs "scoops" which she earns by playing quiz style games that let her practice skills in math, geography, science, language arts, music and typing. And there is no advertising on the site which means no distractions and I don't have to worry about what sort of content she might see. There is also a social aspect to the site (which parents can turn on or off) that allows the girls to interact with each other- share game reviews, babysit each others pets and more! It is a fun site and I would definitely recommend it. www.alwaysicecream.com

Kirsji
07-19-2011, 03:03 PM
Thanks for this! I have been looking for something for my daughter ... :)

WindSong
07-19-2011, 10:14 PM
I found out about this website last month when I saw it on HSBC. So I had dd try the out the free trial and she loved it! HSBC extended the group buy and it is still available. Last I checked, a lifetime membership was $39.

homeschool4two
07-20-2011, 05:28 PM
That is a great price! I would definitely say it is worth $39. Nice!

jamesryan
07-26-2011, 01:46 AM
looks awesome - learn with fun...
please post more if you have such sites.