PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary, SecularHomeschool.com!

Snoopy
04-29-2010, 08:18 PM
I was just thinking that it was just about a year ago (ALREADY?!?) that I joined this group and checked my profile real quick... yep: I joined on May 2, 2009.

So... did we miss SH's anniversary? Didn't you start the group in April 2009, Topsy? I want cake and that margarita you were talking about last year, Topsy!

Here's a toast to many more years of Secular Homeschooling to all of us, many years of friendship and support, shared laughter and fears. And here's to you Topsy, for starting it all for us :) tchin-tchin, like we say in France! Hip, hip, hooray!

Wilma
04-29-2010, 08:55 PM
I think this is a great forum (and it is not the wine talking). I recently left a forum I had been on for years because, although it was "inclusive." it was taken over by some real nut jobs. I am on WTM but it is so BIG and moves so fast that I just get lost. Plus, there are some real over-achievers homeschooling wise there, IYKWIM, and I feel rather inadequate that my oldest is not working on her masters at 13. Anyway, I love that this place is so new and I got in on the ground floor, so to speak, and I don't have to fit in with already established relationships. And you guys are just so fun and friendly!

Thanks, Topsy!!!!

Melyssa
04-29-2010, 11:26 PM
I just checked and see I joined in August 2009 yet have no memory of doing so and didn't start posting here until recently. I'm guessing maybe I signed up during a slow time or something and there wasn't much to reply to, or somehow I missed the forum part of the site? LOL No idea! But I'm glad to be here now!

Topsy
04-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Fo shizzle?? Good gravy, it WAS in April of last year. I know admins are supposed to keep track of that kind of stuff, but I seriously have a difficult time remembering even my wedding anniversary. I remember I celebrated the first anniversary of my blog like 2 months after the fact!!! LOL Dates are not my strong suit, so I definitely apologize for missing out on the margaritas...I mean we could have at least all gone out and got them and attempted to say cheers at the same time, right??

Thanks for your incredible attention to detail, Snoopy!! What would SHS.com do without ya?? ((shudder)) Thanks to all of you for sticking it out with us throughout the bumpy road toward where we are now!! Happy belated anniversary, everyone!!

Snoopy
05-01-2010, 09:58 AM
I tried to insert a picture of a margarita in my message so we could all have a virtual one, but the "insert image" function seems to only insert a link to a picture, not the picture itself ,so I gave up.

camaro
05-01-2010, 10:01 AM
I'm reminded of an episode of The Flintstones cartoon. Remember Fred and Barney and 88-Fingers Charlie's stolen piano that Fred bought for Wilma on their anniversary? All together now...

"Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Haaaaaaaaaaaappy Anniversary!"

LJean
05-07-2010, 04:31 PM
I remember that episode of the Flintstones. ;)

"Happy Anniversary! Happy Anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Haaaaaaaaaaaappy Anniversary!"