PDA

View Full Version : Member Search: observation

Snoopy
04-30-2010, 01:04 PM
I just tried finding a member who I thought was from Oregon so I went to the member search screen and where it says "State", I typed in "OR" since it seems the 2 letter abbreviation is what shows under our photos when we post. However, I found myself in the list and I'm not in Oregon, I'm in Florida, although that's not immediately apparent in the list of results. So out of the 10 people that are listed has having "OR" in the name of their state, I can't tell without drilling into their profiles if they're from OR or FL. Just thought I'd mention that.

Topsy
04-30-2010, 09:46 PM
Snoopy,

If you go into your profile, check and see what you have listed as your state. If you have the whole word "Florida", for instance, listed, then the search is finding the "OR" combination in your state name. If you change that to the abbreviation "FL" only, your profile won't come up. It kind of depends on how people first listed their state when they joined. We changed it later on to only ALLOW two-letter abbreviations as an entry, but those who completed their profile info early on in the switchover had the ability to type out the name, and that is why the search is skewed.

Snoopy
05-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Snoopy,

If you go into your profile, check and see what you have listed as your state. If you have the whole word "Florida", for instance, listed, then the search is finding the "OR" combination in your state name. If you change that to the abbreviation "FL" only, your profile won't come up. It kind of depends on how people first listed their state when they joined. We changed it later on to only ALLOW two-letter abbreviations as an entry, but those who completed their profile info early on in the switchover had the ability to type out the name, and that is why the search is skewed.

Aaaaaaahhh, OK. I had "Central Florida" so I changed it to FL. Thanks for the tip :)