PDA

View Full Version : extracurricular programs for moms and sons

octobersky69
06-22-2011, 02:13 PM
Does anyone know of any programs/clubs out there for moms and sons?
I live in Ohio and would really like to find something for us to do together outside of the house, but yet be with other moms and sons.

hockeymom
06-22-2011, 03:12 PM
Where are you in Ohio? Your avatar looks like the Columbus Zoo? If you are in Columbus, there are tons of things to do "outside of the house". I don't know anything specific to only moms and their sons, but you might check out the programs (both homeschool specific and not) at COSI, the zoo, the art museum, the galleries, your rec centers, the library, etc. Not sure how old your son is, but there is so much to do there we would never be tempted to spend an entire day at home! :) Then again, you might not be in Columbus, in which case I have no idea.

octobersky69
06-22-2011, 06:34 PM
No not in Columbus, but love it there. We happen to be in the country, 40 min drive to an established city. Just thought there might be a group out there that I was not aware of, like boy scouts, girl scouts, that would be for mom and son. I have exhausted internet searches, and just thought I'd give this forum a try, since I have learned so much since I have joined. Oh and my DS will be 8 in a few weeks.
Thank you:)

dbmamaz
06-22-2011, 07:41 PM
We found a home school martail arts class which is for whole families - not sure if thats what you are looking for. It sounds more like you want specifically a scouting organization? You could also look in to 4H, since you say you are fairly rural.

farrarwilliams
06-22-2011, 10:25 PM
Around here there's family yoga and family martial arts. Also, of course, scouting and 4H.

For me, I spend all my time with the kids, so extracurriculars are when I get to dump them off on someone else. ;) But we do share interests - I cook and draw with my son who likes art and cooking. I stretch with my son who loves ballet. Just not part of an organized group.

bethtaylor
07-11-2011, 02:38 PM
My son is 13 and we go to the gym together. It's been working for both of us for a couple of months now.