PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone from Michigan!

Anet
04-25-2010, 05:33 PM
Hello Everyone,

My name is Anet, along with my husband we are homeschooling our 10 yr. old son.
We'v already homeschooled our two oldest 23 and18.Our oldest has her own photography business and our 18 yr. old is attending college now.
We love history, nature, letterboxing, and art.
We belong to a secular homeschool group and have co-op classes, park days, fieldtrips.
We really enjoy our homeschooling life. :)
So glad I've came across this group!

Snoopy
04-25-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Anet! Welcome! I love it when people who have grown-up homeschooled kids join up because it's so encouraging to the rest of us :) It sounds like you have a lot of secular support IRL already, that's wonderful. My husband grew up in Michigan (about an hour out of Detroit) and I've been wanting to visit but we can't seem to travel anywhere North of southern Virginia for some reason... maybe one day. A few of our members have high schoolers or rising 9th graders and I'm sure they'd love some guidance and encouragement from you.

JinxieFox
04-26-2010, 12:19 AM
Hi Anet! Glad to see you here. :)

Topsy
04-26-2010, 07:40 AM
Welcome Anet!! We're happy you discovered us...we're a pretty fun crew to hang out with!! ;) It sounds like you have a really great support group...would you mind checking our state list of support groups (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/content/203-Secular-Homeschool-Support-Groups-by-State) and making sure yours is listed? If not, either post here, or use the "Contact" form to let me know, and I'll get it added! I'm with Snoopy...it is always encouraging to talk to someone who has "come out on the other side" of this homeschooling adventure. I look forward to hearing more about your homeschooling experiences.

Topsy

Shoe
04-26-2010, 07:55 AM
Hi Anet and welcome.

learningtogether
04-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Anet,
Hi! I,too, am homeschooling my son who is 13 (according to your post, your son would be 12 now?). We began in Feb. after another unfulfilling and frustrating 1/2 year in PS. I am a loss to find a secular homeschool group with co-op classes like you mention. Could you let me know where your co-op is? We live in Oakland Co.

Thanks so much.

JudyHanning
04-26-2012, 08:34 AM
hi and welcome to the forum, anet!