PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Pacific Northwest

belacqua
04-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Hi, all. Thanks for the opportunity to get acquainted.

I have one kid who is just finishing Grade 8, so I'm looking forward to a frantic summer of trying to plan high school (just the words make me quiver...). I'll probably rely on my usual mishmash of materials for subjects I'm confident in and community college or online classes for everything else.

I look forward to learning from everybody here.

Topsy
04-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the site, belacqua! We seem to have LOTS of Pacific Northwesterners around here, so you are going to feel right at home!! ;) Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself. As a mom of not one, but TWO high schoolers as of this fall, I feel your anxiety and raise you one!!

Snoopy
04-24-2010, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the group! Someone else just posted about homeschooling high schoolers so maybe you can all chat about that. We have a few years before we get to that point and Noah was all excited this past week to realize that you COULD be homeschooled through high school... this is the kid who asked me to go to school and triggered a motherly panic attack a month ago, lol.

Melyssa
04-24-2010, 11:12 PM
Welcome! I'm in the PNW also, north of Seattle. I have a 10 year old daughter.

Firefly_Mom
04-25-2010, 02:39 AM
Hi and welcome! We're also in the beautiful pacific northwest (near Portland), and also have one finishing up his 8th grade year. I think we all kind of have the "Oh crap! They're almost done! What do we do??" thing going on when they get to this age ;)