PDA

View Full Version : Another OK homeschooler

HoodOrnament
04-22-2010, 08:55 PM
Hi! I was so psyched when Wilma told me about this board on Monday!

We have always homeschooled our 13 year old daughter. Our 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter will be homeschooled as well. We settled in Oklahoma as that was our last duty station. (DH AF)

DH has always been atheist while I just recently (last 5 years or so) warmed up to the idea of actually calling myself that. I used to say, "Well....I'm non-religious", but that sounded so wishy-washy.

We recently formed a co-op with some like-minded homeschooling families.

Wilma
04-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Hi, Hood! Glad you're here!

Topsy
04-22-2010, 09:11 PM
Yea for Wilma for chatting us up! ;) We're thrilled to have you, HoodOrnament! Oklahoma is a state I've never visited, so I definitely have a weird curiosity about it...how do you like it there?? I think it's wonderful that you've been able to find some compatible homeschooling friends...not always the easiest task in the world. Be sure and add yourself to the OK group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=40), if you haven't already. And I hope you will hang out with us often!!

Topsy

HoodOrnament
04-22-2010, 09:13 PM
Thank you for the kind welcomes!

How do I like Oklahoma? It's kinda' flat and VERY conservative.

But....I have met some great friends here, so that WAY makes up for it! (Everytime I talk about movin' back home Wilma pouts, so at least I know I'm loved!)

CroppinMom
04-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Welcome to the site HoodOrnament. I'm glad you joined us - I look forward to any tips you can share on starting a local co-op. I've just started up a local group in my area.

Shoe
04-23-2010, 11:12 AM
Welcome to the site. Always nice to meet more people.