PDA

View Full Version : Private Message notification keeps on popping up?

Snoopy
04-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi there, I got a private message from a member tonight so I read it and answered and then I used a bookmarked link to try to access The Teachers' Lounge forum from my inbox. But each time I do that, I get the Private Message notification window pop-up and it's always about the same message that I have already read and, as a matter of fact, when I get to my inbox, that message has already been read. I do not use the "back" browser button, I use my regular bookmark to get to the forum, as I always do. It's the first time I've had that issue.

On another note, I have noticed that nowadays, whether I check the "New Posts" from my laptop, my desktop, or my iTouch, I truly only get the messages that are new to me since the last time I was on the forum, no matter which machine I used last so whoever changed that cookie setting, THANK YOU VERY MUCH, you made my life much easier :)

Topsy
04-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Snoopy - - seems like another little glitch because it happens to me occasionally, too. One thing I've noticed...if I go to the message in question, and then click on "Inbox" on my left hand menu, it seems to clear the notification. Weird...but true...at least so far. ;P

hjdong
06-07-2010, 06:34 PM
I'm not getting a PM notification. Does this have to be turned on?

Topsy
06-07-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm not getting a PM notification. Does this have to be turned on?

Holly,
Yes it does. It usually does it by default, but yours must not be for some reason. Go to Settings -> My Settings -> Forum Settings then scroll down to the Private Messaging settings. Make sure the 1st, 3rd, and 4th boxes are all checkmarked. Then you are good to go!!

hjdong
06-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Thanks, I think I have it fixed.