PDA

View Full Version : Teaching Style Quiz - What's Yours?

Kylie
05-24-2011, 04:08 AM
I had this shared with me today and thought I would pass it on

I got a 43 but in reality I am more likely a 53 (in spirit I am a 43 just not so much in real life at this stage)

http://www.homeschoolviews.com/quiz/quiz-teaching.html

Stella M
05-24-2011, 06:02 AM
63...Combined parent and child led, which is quite accurate.

hockeymom
05-24-2011, 06:23 AM
I got a 56. I think that's pretty accurate.

JinxieFox
05-24-2011, 07:32 AM
Hm, 65... Combined parent and child directed. Though I'd say I lean more toward teacher directed, the result is accurate based on the questions. Thanks for sharing the link, Kylie.

farrarwilliams
05-24-2011, 08:07 AM

That's pretty accurate. So many of the questions were things that I have specific opinions about but that don't fall into a simple "agree / disagree" answer so I kept picking "neutral."

dottieanna29
05-24-2011, 08:27 AM
67 - Combined Parent and Child Led. I also had to choose neutral for a lot of questions but mainly because there are a lot of things I'm fine using if they end up being what works best.

Martha
05-24-2011, 08:44 AM
73...Combined parent and child led, which is accurate for me.

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
05-24-2011, 09:30 AM
74... mostly because my son needs so much direction and structure. Otherwise it might have been a little lower.

Teri
05-24-2011, 10:05 AM
I got 49, but we are not unschoolers. Some of the questions though were worded in such a way that would make it seem like we were unschoolers though, I guess. Like, we don't use textbooks, we do lots of projects, and very little quizzing. We do, however, have a curriculum.
We are definitely a combination of child and parent led.

MarkInMD
05-24-2011, 10:10 AM
73. Not too surprised at that. There are some things where we tend to unschool somewhat, like science and social studies, and I don't rely too much on a set schedule or approach, but the fundamentals tend to be areas where I want to keep the structure present.

dbmamaz
05-24-2011, 10:47 AM
Damn . . . 87. but just because i hate art and nature study doesnt mean my kids dont contribute . . . my kids like reading science books ... .

Riceball_Mommy
05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
61, Combined parent and child directed. This was pretty accurate for me. Though I did find some of the questions a bit difficult to answer, at least with the agree/disagree system.

JinxieFox
05-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Damn . . . 87. but just because i hate art and nature study doesnt mean my kids dont contribute . . . my kids like reading science books ... .

I know, right Cara? LOL That's why I said that based on the questions, it was accurate. If it covered more, I imagined I'd lean more toward teacher directed, or even traditional. ;)

Busygoddess
05-24-2011, 11:33 AM
I got a 53, Combined Parent & Child Directed. I'd say that's fairly accurate.

StartingOver
05-24-2011, 11:47 AM
I got a 55, and not at all surprised. LOL

Batgirl
05-24-2011, 11:49 AM
65. I think that's fairly accurate. I picked neutral quite a bit as well. My kids have strong interests I like to support but also need a fair amount of structure.

Marmalade
05-24-2011, 12:37 PM
"Combined Parent and Child Directed"
Duh. :)

MrsLOLcat
05-24-2011, 12:47 PM
I got a 65, too. I'm rather surprised it wasn't a little higher, but I suppose picking neutral a lot had something to do with that. And we have spent the last month doing whatever he wants in certain subjects ;)

rumbledolly
05-24-2011, 12:49 PM

That's pretty accurate. So many of the questions were things that I have specific opinions about but that don't fall into a simple "agree / disagree" answer so I kept picking "neutral."

58- but I felt the same way as you did - I seemed to pick a lot of neutral.

Ariadne
05-24-2011, 05:02 PM
71, on the high end of parent-child combo, almost to the parent-directed. Not surprised.

I have one who desperately needs me to be MORE organized and structured than I am naturally, one who WANTS me to be organized and structured, and one who just wants more time "doing school" with me.

My children have shaped that number because left to my own devices it'd probably be closer to child-led but my kids aren't that interested.

ClassicalLearning
05-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Hmm I got a 51, but I think the test needs more questions to get a more accurate result. I think the score should probably be higher because I honestly don't think I'm an "unschooler". In fact, I think I need my own category. :) Perhaps we are a mix of all styles.

I spend a great deal of my time finding new things to keep up with my son. He loves to learn and is always asking for "more". We use all types of resources from including textbooks, videos, online programs, games, hands-on, field trips, and more. Pretty much if we think it will be fun and education we try it and keep what clicks.

Jilly
05-24-2011, 06:12 PM
I got 49, but we are not unschoolers. Some of the questions though were worded in such a way that would make it seem like we were unschoolers though, I guess. Like, we don't use textbooks, we do lots of projects, and very little quizzing. We do, however, have a curriculum.
We are definitely a combination of child and parent led.

I agree.

I got a 48, and we use a curriculum. I am sensitive to my children, but I don't feel that they direct all their learning.

Kylie
05-24-2011, 06:36 PM
Hey Cara, why the damn...we are what we are, don't beat yourself up over it!

I don't think after answering a few little questions that you can say that that is the box you fit into anyway.....it's just a bit of fun really.

As has already been mentioned, it would need to be far more detailed to get a truly accurate result. I also think it would be very different if you were answering the questions based on one specific child.

dbmamaz
05-24-2011, 07:46 PM
i know i am fairly parent-led, but i do give my kids a lot of opportunity to direct as well - they just dont want to. the only thing they ask to do is to play video games and they tell me what kind of science they want to study (and suprise, its never about observing things in the local environment). So I felt like the test was really biased because my answers that we dont do crafts wtih every lesson or do nature studies probably moved me much further in to the teacher-led catagory . . . but if I made my kids do those things, i woudl be MORE not LESS TEACHER led, because they dont like them either. I've tried . . . they dont like it.

Stella M
05-24-2011, 07:56 PM
Glad I'm not the only person who kept picking neutral...I was feeling a little beige there for a moment.

Batgirl
05-24-2011, 08:05 PM
. . . but if I made my kids do those things, i woudl be MORE not LESS TEACHER led, because they dont like them either. I've tried . . . they dont like it.

Mine don't either. Except for modeling clay, they have no interest in crafts at all and it goes against the grain for me to force them to do art. They have asked to have a garden, which we'll do when we move out of our townhome into a house, but I suppose that doesn't really count....

Busygoddess
05-24-2011, 08:21 PM
It would have been better if they were on a scale of 1-5 instead of the agree/disagree options. I answered neutral to all the "I want X to play a central role in my child's education" because while I feel those things are important, I don't see any one subject/topic/thing as being central to their education. I also had to answer neutral to the questions about the roles life experience, textbooks, and their natural curiosity should play, because I feel that they all have their place. There were a few others I answered neutral, as well (I think about 10 or 11 in total).

I do feel that our style is a combination of parent & child directed. I also know that I am a bit more relaxed and more child directed with my son, because he is more driven & intrinsically motivated. My daughter needs more structure & guidance, so I provide that for her. Though I do wish that she had more drive & motivation in more subjects.

jar7709
05-25-2011, 03:34 AM
58. That's about right. Today DD didn't want to create a habitat for any of the suggested animals in her MBtP "Habitat" unit lesson, she wanted to make one for a dinosaur. So I said "why not?" and she did. That sounds pretty combined parent/child directed to me. :)

lakshmi
05-25-2011, 04:14 PM
hmmm... 61 not sure exactly what this means, other than it says, unschooling and child directed, but like Farrar, I clicked a lot of neutrals. I am going to go take it again, and be decisive this time.

60 with no neutrals! so, I guess it is pretty clear. High end of unschooling, which probably fits, I love curriculum and playing school.

jennykay
05-25-2011, 08:44 PM
51, which sounds right. I lean toward unschooling but sprinkle in some ideas here and there to see if they gain any interest. I don't use curriculum now but plan to try some in the fall. We'll see.

Ariadne
05-25-2011, 10:06 PM
^ See, I don't think I could go without curriculum. I love the smell of it, the feel of the paper, lining everything up on the shelf.

Surely I'm not alone in this? I LOVED playing school as a child.

farrarwilliams
05-25-2011, 10:30 PM
One of the reasons I felt like I had to pick neutral was that computer learning, nature, classical literature are all good things that may resonate with a kid... or not. So I think they can be important, but none of them even begin to get at my own philosophy about homeschooling.

Some of the timing based things were confusing to me to answer too. I mean, 4-5 hours for "school"? First, surely that's more to do with the age of the kid (I think that might be appropriate for a high schooler, but not a kindergartener) and second, define "school." Same thing for having a set time for "school." We have a set time for the textbooky, workbooky, 3 R's kind of school, but not for other things, especially if you're the sort of person who thinks *everything* is learning. Also, while I can see that how long your kids can focus effects how you teach them, isn't whether a kid can focus for more than half an hour more about the kids' age than anything else? I don't see that playing that much into one's style, especially on the spectrum of unschooling to teacher led.

But... online quiz. I'd never done one for homeschooling. So that was kinda fun. There should be more. Or are there? Are there lots of homeschooling quizzes out there?

dbmamaz
05-25-2011, 11:10 PM
well, homeschooldiner.com has the click-o-matic http://www.homeschooldiner.com/quiz/click_o_matic_guide_to_homeschool.html

Stella M
05-25-2011, 11:20 PM
That is too sensible and insufficiently time wasting...:) I prefer the 'What Flavour Ice Cream Are You?' quiz myself...

MarkInMD
05-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I had my wife take it and she got a 62. I'm a little surprised that she had a lower number than I did, because I see myself as a bit more freewheeling than she is.

Green Vixen
05-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Wow, I'm surprised I have the "lowest" score so far, 39. I guess maybe my unschooling childhood had something to do with that ;-) My kids are so young that I had to use a more philosophical approach to answering the questions than practical. Who knows maybe in a few years I'll be in the 70's, though I highly doubt that LOL!

Marisa

dbmamaz
05-26-2011, 02:46 PM
Just to be clear of how torn I get between valuing child-led and valuing structure . . . i got started late today, because i was just really tired. Somehow, we decided to weigh ourselves on the Wii Fit before the walk - the boys used it regularly last year, but this year i insist they walk the dog 1-2 times each day, so they dont have to. Well, after the walk we got started on our usual first 'period', but then Raven wanted to do Wii Fit. Ok, i couldnt argue. I got Orion started on his writing assignment (which we've been working on for several weeks, since we do writing 2 days/week and the first version had plaigerism and incorrect facts) . . . but then he gets up to take a break doing Wii Fit WITH Raven.

Now, we are not a very active family. When my boys are spontaneously wanting to do excersise, I cant say no . . . BUT . . i'm totally stressed because we are now almost 2 hours behind schedule. Well, except we did eat lunch already. We still have at least an hour (for Raven) to an hour and a half (for Orion) left, and its almost 2. The kids always whine when its 2:30 and we arent done, but . . . we have to do reading/writing/math/history/science. Seriously, we're almost done w our history unit and I REALLY want to finish up so we can do testing and take a 2 week break before summer semester . . . .

it all makes me so crazy. and then i have to work out our summer schedule. and then figure out how to teach history in the fall . . . .

Ariadne
05-27-2011, 11:30 PM
^ I'm so glad I'm not the only one, Cara.

hockeymom
05-29-2011, 08:16 AM
I struggle with some of this too, Corrigan. In my head I am much more unschooly, but DS clearly prefers a formal curriculum to feel like he's learning. He doesn't see that the rest of his day is learning too (or at least, he doesn't count it as "school", which must be compartmentalized in his head). I have to say, MBtP is taking a lot of the stress of me to find that happy balance.

But OH! the stubbornness! My goodness if something doesn't interest him, he absolutely shuts down. We have to be very careful how things are presented, in order to prevent that from happening because the recovery time is enormous. Fortunately, it doesn't happen very often--generally he's into most everything, but we do tread very carefully if we catch a whiff of disinterest.

I wish I had advice, but you definitely have my sympathy.

QueenBee
06-03-2011, 09:21 PM
I just saw this (my computer connection has been out) and I got a 57 - combined. Pretty much right on.

Lou
06-06-2011, 07:49 PM
71 first time taking it....curious to see if it's different on a different day, a few answers I teetered on neutral vs agree/disagree....I think I'd like to be an unschooler, but can't let go of the 'control' just yet, still feel a slight need to have school at home on some days to prove I'm doing something (which is my personal struggle, want to get over it, and hope to with time)

hockeymom
06-07-2011, 06:28 AM
....I think I'd like to be an unschooler, but can't let go of the 'control' just yet, still feel a slight need to have school at home on some days to prove I'm doing something (which is my personal struggle, want to get over it, and hope to with time)

We are just over a year into this journey and I'm finding that we have *more* of a schedule now than ever. Last night I wrote out what our days look like (math: 45 min, spelling...and so on) and we have a roughly 5 hour school day (not including sports, personal reading time and the like). I have to admit I'm a bit shocked by that! I do envy the folks that get more relaxed in time; the opposite seems to be happening with us.

Eileen
06-07-2011, 03:43 PM
I got a 67, but that's entirely theoretical at this point as we haven't started homeschooling yet. I do know my daughter and myself pretty well, so I think it's probably accurate. She loves to learn, loves to read about stuff, and absorbs information really well that way. I also believe that she needs direction as well, and she would never choose to learn about math (for instance) without prompting.

Lou
06-08-2011, 12:18 PM
We are just over a year into this journey and I'm finding that we have *more* of a schedule now than ever. Last night I wrote out what our days look like (math: 45 min, spelling...and so on) and we have a roughly 5 hour school day (not including sports, personal reading time and the like). I have to admit I'm a bit shocked by that! I do envy the folks that get more relaxed in time; the opposite seems to be happening with us.

I seem to vasilate between relaxed and forgetting my goals (aka too strict and making it miserable for all involved) I'm glad to have the self check that reels me back and forth, but sure would like to settle in a relaxed mode. Relaxed lesson days are so much nicer for all of us! I think the days I see my kids evolving in their lessons, processing things they have learned about, incorporating their lessons in their play, etc...then I get more relaxed...when I don't see the daily proof that their brains are working on something is when I get more rigid and think I need paper proof. :/

hockeymom
06-08-2011, 01:41 PM
We were pretty relaxed over the winter, or rather, we just sort of lost our way for awhile. Now that we are using an actual curriculum, I feel better organized but also as though we *have* to get a certain amount done every day. It's ridiculous, really. And after all this time, I do still sort of worry that the homeschool police (ha!) will come knocking on my door and demand to see what we've covered today.

In my heart I'm closer to an unschooler, but our daily schedule isn't reflecting that. Also, my son is NOT an unschooler--he does learn so much on his own, but it sure isn't writing related. I can't justify allowing him to obsess about cars or professional bike racing any more than he does, so formal learning time is a must! :)

Theresa Holland Ryder
06-23-2011, 09:47 PM
68, which I think is right on. We're definitely a combination of parent-led/child-led. Works for us!

Melyssa
06-24-2011, 01:14 AM
I got a 78 which is about right.

naturegirl7
06-24-2011, 01:43 AM
Got a 51 - we definitely are relaxed and child led. But I think we are really more of a combine effort. DS and I both have input into the learning experience. We use curricula, but don't test or grade or anything like that at this point. Very very hands on and literature based learning here.

mommykicksbutt
06-24-2011, 09:41 AM
63. That's us for the most part.

Jess24
06-24-2011, 01:11 PM
62 - But I think the answers could have shifted for each child. I had to average how my 2 learn or are willing to sit and "do school" on a few of the questions. It seemed like I might get slightly different answers if I were to answer with each child individually.

fbfamily111
06-25-2011, 01:43 PM
62, It reflects where I want to be now that the kids are getting older. In the past it would have been much higher.

Myndi
06-25-2011, 07:42 PM
I got a 50...unschooling or child-directed but I think we'll be more combined parent-child directed. Guess we'll see! :)

Lou
06-25-2011, 10:49 PM
71 first time taking it....curious to see if it's different on a different day, a few answers I teetered on neutral vs agree/disagree....I think I'd like to be an unschooler, but can't let go of the 'control' just yet, still feel a slight need to have school at home on some days to prove I'm doing something (which is my personal struggle, want to get over it, and hope to with time)

so I just took the test for a second time and I limited myself to NO NEUTRALS ALLOWED...I had to really think about the questions and give an agree or disagree answer...came out with a 68...so I guess no matter what I'm in that range of parent & child led....

^ See, I don't think I could go without curriculum. I love the smell of it, the feel of the paper, lining everything up on the shelf.

Surely I'm not alone in this? I LOVED playing school as a child.
This is TOTALLY ME...I LOVE curriculum...I spend my free time surfing web sites checking out various curriculum....love looking at my stocked shelves...ha, ha...

coloradoalice
06-29-2011, 07:04 PM
44 which I think is pretty accurate although we aren't total unschoolers. I direct about half the time and we unschool about half the time but even in my directing the kids still dictate how they want to do things.

Pilgrim
06-29-2011, 10:36 PM
45. I'm surprised but can see where I could have gotten higher and still have answered honestly if that makes sense. With DS this year, we've been very much parent-student directed and that's how we plan to continue with both kids this coming year.

Second try I scored 61 which I think is much more accurate.

Lou
06-30-2011, 12:49 PM
I wonder if there is a study out there that shows which type of schooling (unschooling to school at home styles) has the most successful outcome? (probably not...I'm sure each style has things to back their point of view...but would be interesting to follow several children thru and see what the outcomes are)

Kylie
07-01-2011, 04:39 AM
It would but different approaches would work for different children.

If you had a bunch that thrived on structure and teacher directed work they may not do so great in the unschooling model and vice versatile.

DragonFaerie
07-04-2011, 08:54 PM
I got a 78, barely in the combined parent and child category. Truthfully, I'm surprised I wasn't more firmly in the teacher-directed category. I LOVE being the teacher and we are very scheduled. If left to their own devices, my kids, too, would play on the computer and watch movies all day. No self-directed learning going on there! LOL

SueEllen Grieves-Curl
07-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I got 60 that is pretty accurate

Mum
07-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Answering these questions felt weird to me. My personal preferences for education are very different from the approaches I have to take when homeschooling my ADHD kid. With a Montessori background I generally think "teachers" should act as observers and facilitators more than teachers but my preferred method just does not work with my kid and his specific issues.

So each time I read a question I'd first think of how I'd like to teach and then I'd realize that my response was different from how I actually teach.

Anyone else feel like that?

thenepps
07-07-2011, 06:58 PM
I'd say that was right on. I am right on the border between child-led learning and parent-child partnership. That is the way it goes around here. He expresses an interest and we do unit studies, reading, research, etc until he feels he's done. It's a fun and effective way for us to homeschool.

AllenHS
07-19-2011, 06:05 PM
That sounds about right but this will be our 1st year homeschooling after having my other children in public schools for the last 15 years so we will see.

Brittaya
07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
I got a 55, sounds about right!

Shoe
07-21-2011, 12:12 AM
our Teaching Style Test Results

The results of the evaluation you just took added up to a score of...

Please refer to the table below to see what kind of teaching style may best be suited to your homeschooling needs.

Score Teaching Style
26 - 52 Unschooling or Child-Directed
53 - 78 Combined Parent and Child Directed
79 - 104 Teacher Directed
105 - 130 Traditional

Amanadoo
07-22-2011, 10:05 AM
75, combination style

acountrymomma
07-22-2011, 12:55 PM
I got a 63. Sounds about right.

happykid25
07-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I got 54, the low end of parent/child led leaning toward the unschooling approach. Seems right for what I envision. Granted, we are just starting off, so we'll see how our style progresses.

SilverFirefly
07-31-2011, 01:16 PM

I'm pretty new to homeschooling, but that sounds about right...parent and child directed but tending a bit more toward the teacher directed. Interesting assessment (especially for a newbie); thanks for posting it.

elkhollow
07-31-2011, 03:38 PM
54, which is a little lower than I expected but I am definitely in the combined category. We are much more successful when my oldest (8) is involved in the planning process. She needs structure though, and a schedule, even if it's a loose one. I make the decisions in all the core subjects and she has input elsewhere, but I am definitely more on the teacher directed end of the combined scale than the score reflects.

Angel
07-31-2011, 11:17 PM
I got a 44 which is unschooling or child-directed. That's as accurate as it gets.

Rebookie
08-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I got a 49! =)

Staysee34
08-02-2011, 08:18 AM
I scored 65. I've done a pretty decent job of letting the girls play a role in what they will learn but on the other hand have provided much needed structure to our day. Like others, the way I would like to educate my children and the way I will educate my children are different. But I made the decision to homeschool based on their need and will teach how they need to be taught even if it's different. Not doing so would result in frustration all around and lead no where good I'm sure.

Lou
08-03-2011, 01:40 PM
I got a 49! =)

You are my goal...ha ha...to get to a 49 and be happy/excited about it! :D

Fireside Academy
08-08-2011, 08:18 PM
unschooling or child-directed. probably more child-directed than unschooling. 41

Jackielyn
08-11-2011, 08:57 PM
66 for me :)

crunchynerd
09-10-2011, 01:06 PM
Got a 50, but thought it was funny that they described even unschooling in terms of appropriate curriculum choice! Unit studies being the "curriculum". I find that other people who don't homeschool but want to show they are conversant, often ask me what curriculum we use, when the topic comes up.

Lak001
09-10-2011, 08:15 PM
65 - Combined parent and child directed. I think it was spot on.

speech mom
09-10-2011, 09:42 PM
43. Um, I want to unschool, but they love curriculum and I am a curriculum junkie, so I still don't know if that is accurate.

bibiche
09-17-2011, 09:39 PM
43. Pretty accurate. :)

leanderthal
11-11-2011, 08:31 AM
I got 48-but would say I'm a little more conventional.

Lou
11-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I keep redoing it thinking it will be drastically different because our schooling style has changed so much, but I always seem to land in the combined led schooling (both child and parent) and I guess that is where we are...I sure wish my cousins were closer so I could see their unschooling unfold and how their daily life goes...it seems so appealing to me, but apparently there are parent led control issues I can't seem to fully let go of... ;)

theWeedyRoad
11-11-2011, 06:29 PM
64. Was a bit surprised, but like you guys stated, I think there are some differences between what the questions MEAN and what we do. I think textbooks can be valuable as a resource (would I teach only out of one? no way). I love multimedia on the computer, but again I wouldn't use it everyday. I'd love to be more child-led but I don't have those kids/dd faces challenges that require gently forcing her down the path sometimes.

We really aren't child directed, if I'm being honest. Get in, get it done, get out works best for us- with the rest of the day left over for dd to read to me or me to her, ds to pursue his strategy games, and me to draw their attention to ridiculous stuff they act excited about for my sake ("look kids! a mouse skeleton!! See how the bones fit together!!" "Yeah mom, that's really cool. Hey can I get back to my game now?"). We were watching seagulls in a parking lot and my dh said I was worse than the kids were about that LOL.

paulgodard
11-13-2011, 09:24 AM
I tried to be as honnest as possible in my replies and I got 38. This score is more about how I want my kids to be home schooled in general (all subjects) compared to what I might have done in the past 2 years. As I only teach maths and sciences (my wife teach the other subjects), I often direct the lesson (especially for maths). BTW, I would be surprise by what my wife would score… let's see when she register!

seraphina
11-30-2011, 09:21 AM
I got a 52, which is accurate. We tend to unschool but I see myself as more eclectic. I don't think we used a parent led concept, I just help find materials and act a go between if they want to learn something. It's been hard for me because when we started I planned on being more scheduled but now I find my kids just learn a ton more when they do what they love.

crunchynerd
12-01-2011, 08:42 AM
I got a 51, nearly on the cusp between unschooling/child-directed and combination child- and parent-directed. It was a fun little quiz, but I can't help but wonder what connection the quiz-writer imagined there to be, between how active in my life my extended (AND immediate, so the two cannot be separated, because for me, those would be two different answers!) family are, and how I homeschool.

BackLitLeo
02-14-2012, 01:58 PM
I got a 56 so I'm in the combined category. Sounds about right.

wife&mommy
02-14-2012, 10:05 PM
I got a 59

Alaskamom
02-17-2012, 06:33 PM
69 - Combined Parent and Child Directed That's pretty accurate.

ginnyjf
02-17-2012, 07:34 PM
Very interesting. I scored 70, which I would definitely agree with. We need some structure to our days or we'd both spend the time in our pajamas tethered to our computers. And there are materials written for school consumption that we love, like the Evan-Moor books.

Radish4ever
02-19-2012, 03:30 AM
I got a 61, which sounds accurate to me! :)

Little Brownelf
02-21-2012, 06:02 AM
Got a 63 now. I remember taking this when the thread first came out but I don't remember what I scored then. 63 sound just right for where we are now.

Myndi
02-21-2012, 11:06 AM
59 here...which is pretty accurate.

Grumblersridge
02-24-2012, 09:43 AM
I got 67, though I think it might vary as my children get older. I'm also not very experienced. My ideas could change. I have to say the quiz seemed pretty heavy on the unschooling bias. I had to consciously remember to say what I think rather than answer the way that was obviously the nice, positive answer on all the questions that seemed to raise the score. It was good that it had a five point scale, rather than just agree or disagree though.