PDA

View Full Version : Took a few days off...

Shoe
04-21-2010, 12:24 PM
Well, this week is my public school educated daughter's spring break and I had a few days off my other job, so we all took 5 days off and went up to Ontario, Canada to visit my folks and relax. I slept an average of almost 8 hours a night-unheard of for me (my usual is about 3-4), swam in the hotel pool, visited family and didn't think about work or school at all (well, that's not quite true...while there, I kept thinking about all these historical sites we could visit next time and how I could incorporate learning into those excursions and make a field trip out of it, but other than that...)!!

I feel ten years younger and a whole lot less stressed.:)

dbmamaz
04-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Wow, we're planning on visiting family in canada . . I hope it feels that good, I coud use a vacation!

Snoopy
04-21-2010, 04:33 PM
That sounds terrific, Shoe. My husband, like you, only sleeps 3-4 hours a night and claims that's all he needs to get by, but on the weekends and on vacation he sleeps until 11 a.m. and then takes a nap in the afternoons, lol.

I'm glad you had a good time in Ontario :)

CroppinMom
04-21-2010, 10:22 PM
Shoe,

Everyone needs time to recharge their batteries from time to time - glad you were able to enjoy a restful vacation!

hjdong
04-22-2010, 11:08 AM
How do you survive on 3-4 hours of sleep? Glad you enjoyed your break. Ah, break . . .

Topsy
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
Wow, Shoe...that sounds INCREDIBLE!! We don't "do" restful vacations, unfortunately...at least not very often. We travel so little that we always try to fit too much in when we go. Our next vacay is just over a month away and we are heading for a whirlwind homeschool tour of NYC!! I've been wanting to go for a while now, and this is my 40th b-day present, sorta. But yours is sounding awful good right now while I'm busier than a flea on a fat dog. ;)

hjdong
04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
I'm busier than a flea on a fat dog. ;) Have you been using that book again?