PDA

View Full Version : Howdy from N Idaho

JeninIdaho
04-20-2010, 01:11 AM
I am very happy to have found this group. I am a homeschooling Mom of two great boys and a new baby girl, wife to a horseshoeing, homeschooling Daddy. We have been homeschooling now for about 4 years, I think. Wow, time flies when you are having fun, or even when you're not. Our homeschooling adventure hasn't been all roses. We have been through a few thorns, but all in all, we love it.

Can't wait to get to know you all.

Jen

Snoopy
04-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Welcome to the group, Jen! What an interesting life experience you seem to live. Is your farm very big?

Topsy
04-20-2010, 09:56 AM
Hi Jen!! Welcome to the site!! Homeschooling, like everything, is a roller coaster of ups and downs, isn't it? Have you homeschooled from the beginning, or was it something you came to later? If you haven't already, be sure to stop by and add yourself to the Idaho group (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=58), so you can find (and be found) by others from the Gem State! I hope you will make yourself at home here and visit our forums often...we're a pretty fun crew to hang out with! Have a great week....

Topsy

JeninIdaho
04-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Snoopy,
Just 10 acres and half of that is timber. We do seem to fill it with critters, though. LOL

Topsy,
Ups and downs for sure, like most things of value, worth the effort. I joined the Idaho group, all one of them. LOL Hopefully it will grow. Gotta start somewhere.

Thank you both for the welcome.

Jen

Shoe
04-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Hi Jen, welcome to the site. Like your husband, I'm a homeschooling dad, though I don't horseshoe and we've only been homeschooling this year. I look forward to knowing you better.

CroppinMom
04-21-2010, 06:40 PM
Welcome to the site Jen - at the rate we're growing around here you won't be alone in the Idaho group for long! I look forward to getting to know you.

JeninIdaho
04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
Thanks again for the welcome. I have been looking around a little. Hopefully will have more time soon.

A quick question about sig lines. Can I put a link to my online store in my sig. Just a link, I'm not pushy or anything. I just like to let people see what I'm doing.
I just didn't want to do it without asking of it is allowed. Its a yarn shop, so not really schooling related except as to how a homeschooling SAHM/D can help make a little extra cash to make ends meet.

Jen