PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever used Write To Learn @ Home?

mackswife35
05-05-2011, 09:30 PM
Our oldest son will be in high school come this fall,and I am really trying to find a good reading and writing program that will suite him. He has Asperger's Syndrome and he really enjoys doing work online. This program looks pretty good, but before I jump in I wanted to know if anyone has had experience with them. It's pretty affordable,as I don't have to pay a monthly fee. I would love to hear from anyone that has tried this.

Thanks A Bunch,
Mary

ClassicalLearning
05-11-2011, 01:19 PM
I signed up for Write to Learn after having seen some demos and thinking it would be a good tool for my son to use to develop his writing. We haven't tried the program, but I was unhappy to learn that the "home" version doesn't allow the creation of writing prompts, which we were looking forward to using. The inability to add our own writing prompts takes away at least 50% of the reason we wanted the software in the first place. Additionally, I purchased with a 20% discount showing but I was charged the full price. I'm hopeful the program will still be of value, but I wouldn't have made the purchase if I had done better research into the "home" version.

ClassicalLearning
05-12-2011, 11:14 AM
As a follow up, I can't recommend it on customer service. No replies to emails sent to their "contact us" address.

mackswife35
05-12-2011, 08:17 PM
Thank you so much ClassicalLearning for that feedback. That is what I was looking for,someone that had at least some experience with them. I have to agree with you, if you can't add your own writing prompts, then the program is pretty useless to me. Thank you again for your feedback and I will keep on looking.

ClassicalLearning
05-14-2011, 02:52 AM
Sorry for the bad news, if you could get a hold of the school version it would probably be worth it. I still haven't received a reply, I guess their customer service is non-existent.

mackswife35
05-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Oh no worries at all. It is actually not bad news to me, as I know to look else where. I am so sorry to hear that it is taking you so long to hear back from customer service. That is very un professional and I hope that you can get a refund.

ClassicalLearning
05-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Follow up: I never got a reply to my emails, but I did get a refund notice 5 days later with a note that I'd have to have 20+ student copies to have the ability to write my own prompts. So basically, if you aren't a school you won't get full functionality.

mackswife35
05-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Oh well that's no good at all, and i am glad to hear that you were finally able to get a refund. I am now looking into other programs for writing. Thanks again for the feedback, I appreciate it.