PDA

View Full Version : Hello from NJ

dottieanna29
04-16-2010, 08:35 AM
Hello,

I'm a new homeschooling mom to my two younger children - 4 1/2 and 2 1/2. We're doing a mix of kindergarten, pre-k, Tot school and whatever we think is fun. I also have an older daughter who will be 16 next week. :eek: and goes to public school.

I usually say we're eclectic homeschoolers because we're fairly relaxed but plan to do some classical when the kids are a little older. We use some curriculum (MEP, Prog. Phonics, ETC) and some unit studies (History, Geography and Science for now) but we're taking it slow and relaxed as we figure out what works best for us.

Looking forward to talking with everyone.

Dorothy

Shoe
04-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Hey Dorothy and welcome. I wish I'd started homeschooling my children when they were young. It always seemed impossible at the time, but I'm loving it now that I'm doing it. Cheers.

Snoopy
04-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Welcome to the group! I also have a 16 year-old (as of this week!) who goes to p.s. along with his 2 siblings and my 2 stepdaughters. I homeschool our youngest. Talk to you soon.

Topsy
04-17-2010, 09:51 AM
Welcome, dottieanna!! So awesome to have you here!! Thanks for taking a moment to introduce yourself. I hope you will hang out with us often and take part in all the festivities around these parts. ;)

Topsy