PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Australia

punkmumma
04-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Hello

I am from australia queensland to be exact and home school my two teenagers with my hubby. There are no homeschoolers in australia that are secular well ok not true no homeschoolers in qld that I have found share similar beliefs to myself. In brisbane that is.

I am a secular humanist. I teach evolution to my teens. We have a fairly flexible eccletic style of homeschooling.

What else can I say not sure just ask away and if there happens to be any Aussies at all reading this please please say hello :)

Nice to meet you all and looking forward to learning and sharing all things secular and homeshooling.

camaro
04-14-2010, 10:17 AM
Welcome, punkmumma! I haven't noticed any Aussies but that doesn't mean there aren't any! In the meantime, there are a few others from other parts of the Commonwealth. There's a couple of us from Canada (me) and a couple from the UK. Hopefully if there's any Aussies out there they'll give you a shout. :)

I'm using an eclectic mix of things for my 7yo son but blame that on just starting homeschooling last August. Have you been homeschooling long?

Topsy
04-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Welcome to the site, punkmumma!! We're thrilled to have an Aussie aboard!! In fact, once you get comfortable with the site, I would love it if you would start a group on our Groups page (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group). It would be awesome to have others from down under hang out around here! You might want to check out the article on the home page: "How to Find Other Secular Homeschoolers" near you for a few ideas on locating some like-minded folks. SURELY there is more than 1 secular h-schooler in Queensland!! If not, then we hope you will get a good dose of support and encouragement from the great crew that hangs out here.

Topsy

Snoopy
04-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Welcome to our new member from Down Under!

Shoe
04-14-2010, 01:15 PM
Welcome. Nice to have some perspectives from different parts of the world.