PDA

View Full Version : Satirical Look at "School Homing"

Melissa845
04-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Too fun not to share!
http://www.theonion.com/articles/increasing-number-of-parents-opting-to-have-childr,17159/

Melissa R

Shoe
04-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Yeah, great article! It's sad how true it often is.

Museling
04-13-2010, 08:18 PM
HAHAHAHA!!!! *SNORT* I am sharing this with everyone!!! LOL!!!!

JinxieFox
04-13-2010, 09:33 PM
I had to share it and, wow! My sister had such a freak-out about it! LOL Poor girl, because she didn't realize it was satire (but obviously with truth at its core, which is what makes it so sad, yet funny). Thanks for sharing it - my husband and I both found it hilarious.

Snoopy
04-13-2010, 10:46 PM
I didn't follow the link because I'm pretty sure it's the same article David shared with us a couple of weeks ago... well, I had shared it with my local group members as well and one of my newest members who just started homeschooling didn't know about the Onion and took it totally seriously and went on a rant about.. something, I can't even remember what. I guess it never occurred to me that someone might not know that The Onion is satire, and beyond that, their articles are so over the top that it so surprises me when people believe every single word of it. Wow. I guess some people never question what they read. "If it's on the internet, it must be true!"

Wendy, I had the same reaction as you when it was first posted... I laughed and at the same time, I was saddened because you know there's a lot of truth in that article anyway... ugh.

melgriffin03
04-14-2010, 08:52 AM
I love the onion. I think what makes them so great is that there is always a hint of truth to the stories.

Museling
04-15-2010, 08:24 AM
I didn't follow the link because I'm pretty sure it's the same article David shared with us a couple of weeks ago... well, I had shared it with my local group members as well and one of my newest members who just started homeschooling didn't know about the Onion and took it totally seriously and went on a rant about.. something, I can't even remember what. I guess it never occurred to me that someone might not know that The Onion is satire, and beyond that, their articles are so over the top that it so surprises me when people believe every single word of it. Wow. I guess some people never question what they read. "If it's on the internet, it must be true!"

Wendy, I had the same reaction as you when it was first posted... I laughed and at the same time, I was saddened because you know there's a lot of truth in that article anyway... ugh.

What hilarious is that I made sure to post that on my facebook, so that my brother in law could see it. And he's an avid onion reader so I had to make sure I reinforced....hehe! :D