PDA

View Full Version : Vita-Mix WOOHOO

Alanna Rosewood
03-30-2011, 05:26 PM
Very excited to have just ordered a Refurbished Vita-Mix woohoo! 5-10 days to get it...

Wondering if anyone has one
Thoughts/experiences
Recipes

turtlemama
03-31-2011, 06:17 PM
I love our vitamix so much! Took me years to finally buy one, but I love it! I use it for smoothies, making sauces, hummus, salsa, and lots more!

dbmamaz
03-31-2011, 07:20 PM
We actually had an industrial steel one when i lived on the commune. I only remember making 'smoothies' in it, but omg what smoothies! We had our own dairy cows and our own nutbutters factory. I would skim cream off the top of the milk canisters, put it in the vitamix with brown sugar and almond butter and ice . . . and instant milkshake! We also used to do one with lemon juice, fresh strawberries and mint, sugar and ice. Wow! There were definitely some advantages to living there!

bcnlvr
03-31-2011, 09:24 PM
I am ready to move to the commune now. *smacking lips*

farrarwilliams
03-31-2011, 11:48 PM
My mother and step-father have one that they bought out of medical necessity (he's on a feeding tube diet due to cancer). But now my mother uses it as well for cooking sometimes and wow is it awesome. Whenever I see it in action, I feel like it could kick the butts of all the other blenders.

Wilma
04-01-2011, 02:56 PM
You bought me a Vita-Mix? How sweet! But why didn't you just have it shipped to me?

Alanna Rosewood
04-01-2011, 03:51 PM
You bought me a Vita-Mix? How sweet! But why didn't you just have it shipped to me?

All in due time dear:)

mommykicksbutt
04-03-2011, 09:33 AM
Love it, love it, love it! The king of blenders, all others are just lame in comparison. Mine get a workout every single day.