PDA

View Full Version : Online Web Science Classes!!

Topsy
04-12-2010, 10:05 PM
Science Jim's Web Classes Link (http://www.sciencejim.com/webclasses.html)

If anyone here has experience with one of these, would you mind posting a review?

Snoopy
04-12-2010, 10:46 PM
Topsy, Noah took one class with Science Jim and it was the free class on Atoms that he offered a couple of times. I actually didn't listen in because they had said to have headphones and a microphone to communicate with the teacher (our microphone was connected to the headphones) so Noah was wearing the headphones but he was laughing his head off the whole time the class was going on and really enjoyed it. He never did use the microphone so if I register Noah for another class, I will forego the microphone and headphones and just leave the speakers on so I can sit on it too. Noah liked that Science Jim used M&Ms to explain the concept of atoms. It was Noah's first introduction to atoms and he was able to tell me what they were, etc. after the class so I think it was a success for him. I have wanted to register him for more classes ,but so far the ones offered haven't matched where we are in our curriculum (we're doing Earth Science this year). I'm hoping that he'll have some chemistry-related classes next year since that's what we'll be doing. Sorry that my review can't be more detailed than that.

Shoe
04-13-2010, 12:20 PM
They look interesting. I'd be interested to see any reviews as well. Does anyone know what grade level these are aimed at? I see that it says for ages 9 and up, but that isn't all that helpful in knowing if they would be reasonable for my kids' abilities and level...