PDA

View Full Version : Every Child is Spatial - anyone use it?

adelinemace
04-10-2010, 08:00 PM
Hi! I am new to homeschooling. I have had it with public schools - the lack of manners, the lack of education, the lack of anything beneficial! A friend of mine recommended the Every Child is Spatial Curriculum (http://shop.everychildisspatial.com)since it is not religion based. Finding complete curriculum that is not religous seems to be pretty hard. Any ideas? Any one use the Every Child is Spatial Curriculum? It is the first complete looking set I have seen that isn't religion based. Help!!

Oh - I have 2 kids - 6 and 8. Both very bright - but I think have been stifled by regular "school".

brendag
01-28-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm curious too. I have a visual spatial learner, but I'm still in the research stage. :). Did you get this curriculum?

farrarwilliams
01-28-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm not familiar with the curriculum at all, but the name made me chuckle, so I went to look at it - all the resources they use are simply some of the most popular individual curriculum resources among homeschoolers - the world history curriculum just uses SOTW, the Kingfisher history atlases and the Usborne History Encyclopedia. The science curriculum just uses RS4K and the Janice VanCleave experiment books and a couple other books... If you just wanted to buy the resources they list, then you could spend a lot less (especially if you also used your library). The tests and lesson plans might make the price tag worth it - but only if you want a really mapped out preplanned curriculum. But I would wait to hear a review from someone first...

adelinemace
01-28-2011, 10:10 PM
I did finally purchase the Art set - and WOW. Yes, it uses a lot of the common books, but it integrates them with hands on things and computer stuff that is so relevant to current issues - and so different than anything else I have seen out there. I think one of the biggest benefits is that it focuses on research and presentation for kids - at an age appropriate level - who doesn't need those skills. It is like a college level study for an elementary kid. It is certainly worth the cost. I am excited to get the math and history next!

adelinemace
08-17-2011, 05:30 PM
I just got an email that asked me to post this code on any forums...it is for 30% off an entire set! We will be checking out a few more!

BACK2GREEN30