PDA

View Full Version : Sorry for the slow moderation and responses today, everyone!

Topsy
03-22-2011, 09:42 PM
Had a kiddo with a medical emergency and spent the day between the urgent care and the pharmacy and at home trying to comfort the injured fella. ((sigh)) I was shocked to see how many unmoderated posts had piled up in one day. Big apologies...especially to our newbies...I promise it isn't usually like that!

But hey....that's what you get for joining a community moderated by a mom. ;)

Teri
03-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Do you moderate every single post? How do you have time to do anything else?

outskirtsofbs
03-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Hope your son is feeling much better, Topsy.

BrendaE
03-23-2011, 12:19 AM
Yes...hope everything calmed down and whatever injury or sickness has been incurred is resting as painlessy and cozy as possible now. <3

hockeymom
03-23-2011, 06:03 AM
Hope your son is okay, Topsy!

Topsy
03-23-2011, 07:26 AM
Do you moderate every single post? How do you have time to do anything else?

Oh goodness no, Teri. I would be in the Betty Ford by now if that were the case. :p No, just the first two posts by any new member, and then the blog posts. Yesterday, we just happened to have lots of new posters and then several private messages from members so I was feeling like a bit of a slacker there.:eek:

And thanks for the well wishes, everyone. We're dealing with an eye injury, so it's off to the ophthalmologist today to find out what's what.

rumbledolly
03-24-2011, 08:29 PM
If you're a slacker I'm an amoeba!

I hope everything is ok. When I saw opthalmologist the first thing that came to mind is "see you can put an eye out with that". I hope it's not that serious of an injury.

Topsy
03-25-2011, 07:46 AM
Forgot to update! Well, it all started when he was walking home from the nearby coffee shop. He suddenly felt something in his eye, and he hurried home and we flushed it out, but he got no relief. Both my boys can be a little...shall we say...dramatic when it comes to injuries and such so I figured it was just a little scratch and would get better on its own. But he was still really complaining that evening, and I thought I noticed a decent amount of swelling around his eyelid, so I took him to urgent care, and sure enough, they thought they saw something embedded in it. We didn't get to see the Ophthalmologist until the next day, but they discovered it was a small piece of gravel and were able to easily remove it. Our best guess is that a car driving by when he was walking spun it up and he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. :( But all is well that ends well. His vision is checking out fine and he isn't in any pain any more. Thanks again for your concern, folks!!

Pefa
03-25-2011, 09:56 AM
eye stuff is awful. glad it's clearing up.

pandahoneybee
03-25-2011, 04:30 PM
YEA:) glad he is feeling better!

hockeymom
03-25-2011, 04:38 PM
Yikes! My DH can barely put a contact in--glad to hear your son is fine after dealing with gravel in his eye!