PDA

View Full Version : Hi all!

lilgrnfroggie
04-10-2010, 07:38 AM
Hi, my name is Erin and I have 4 kids, 1 girl and 3 boys. Evie turned 5 in January, Alex turned 4 a couple of weeks ago, Vince turned 2 in January and Max was born in December. Yep, lots of kids, all young and we were all born in the winter (I was born in January and my husband in February. The birthday season is over for another year! Phew!). :)

We'll start officially homeschooling Evie in the fall when she's in Kindergarten. We were doing regular lessons before my youngest was born, but I've been a slacker since then. She's done math, reading and writing lessons, and loves every minute of it. In fact, I've been in trouble lately since we don't much in the way of schoolwork right now. I've also worked off and on with Alex. He's started to become interested in writing and reading lately. Both kids love doing art projects and love singing whatever songs I can remember. Vince is learning how to speak English (he currently speaks Baby very well, but we need to understand him better now!). And I'm just trying to teach Max how to sleep through the night.

My husband and I knew we wanted to homeschool before the kids were even born. I'm currently partial toward a Classical education, but I'll definitely be modifying it. We've had nothing but support from friends and family, although I do get asked from time to time about how I'm going to socialize the kids.

Enough rambling from me! Besides, the baby is awake and wants some attention. :D I'm thrilled that I found this website, and can't wait to get involved!

Topsy
04-10-2010, 08:22 PM
So great to "meet" you, Erin! (Erin has always been one of my fave girl names, btw! I had planned on naming our first daughter "Erin", but alas, a daughter never materialized) ;) I hope the site will be a big source of support, info, and encouragement for you as you head into the adventure of homeschooling. You might want to add yourself to the "New Homeschoolers (http://www.secularhomeschool.com/group.php?groupid=12)" group, if you haven't already. Glad you found us...jump right in...the water's fine...:)

Shoe
04-11-2010, 03:00 AM
Welcome Erin,

You've got your hands full. This place has been a great resource for me and there are a lot of great people here.

Cheers.

Snoopy
04-11-2010, 09:55 AM
Welcome Erin!