PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Baking 20/3

Stella M
03-19-2011, 08:14 PM
Woke up to a cool, grey, rainy day - perfect baking weather. Thanks to last week's Sunday baking inspiration - thanks all! - I've cooked 2 loaves of bread and a fruit cake slice, a piece of which I'm eating right now with a huge cup of tea. Wishing everyone a delicious Sunday :)

wife&mommy
03-19-2011, 08:28 PM
Sounds lovely! We picked a ton of strawberries this week (22 pounds of them!) so I have been making a lot of things with strawberries in them. I normally don't bake much, but I've been enjoying it! :)

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
03-19-2011, 08:41 PM
I have banana bread on my agenda for tomorrow.

Stella M
03-19-2011, 08:46 PM
Banana bread - yummy! Bananas are super $$ right now due to Cyclone Yasi, so there is no banana bread in our near future :(

Rachel, what have you been baking with all your strawberries ? I have a nice strawberry and coconut loaf recipe if you run out of things to make...

BrendaE
03-19-2011, 09:03 PM
Besides the fact that it feels so strange to only be 3 in the afternoon on saturday here while youre up baking on sunday morning....

I feel the urge to bake too... and fruity... now.. which crazy island fruit... hmmm... I DUNNO!

wife&mommy
03-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Banana bread - yummy! Bananas are super $$ right now due to Cyclone Yasi, so there is no banana bread in our near future :(

Rachel, what have you been baking with all your strawberries ? I have a nice strawberry and coconut loaf recipe if you run out of things to make...

Oh that sounds interesting! We have made strawberry muffins, strawberry pancakes, strawberry short cake, and tonight I tried a cream cheese based recipe and added strawberries to it. I am not sure I loved it... but the other things were very good. My kids ate the rest just plain, whole strawberries, they are gone now! :) (22 pounds of strawberries gone in less than 48 hours! LOL)

dbmamaz
03-19-2011, 10:47 PM
Hmm, just the usual baking - flat bread for the hummus on thursday, pancakes this morning, pizza dough tomorrow.

RavenSpring
03-26-2011, 10:20 AM
Today is a lovely day for these: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Ginger-Scones-104666