PDA

View Full Version : *%[email protected]# Ellipses!

AddlepatedMonkeyMama
03-12-2011, 04:50 PM
Can't see the second page of the "Sweet Things Your Kids Have Done...." thread. Are the ellipses in the title the culprit again?

Thanks!

StartingOver
03-12-2011, 05:36 PM
I think we need to start putting them everywhere ! Do you think it will overwhelm the program behind this thing if we do, and kill the darn things ????

BrendaE
03-12-2011, 06:39 PM
if you want to see it (the second page) when ellipses are doing their thing, Click on the little arrow after the name of the last poster to post. Instead of getting the forbidden mssg. It will take you to the page.

and yes... thats what happened.m Ellipses in the title.

farrarwilliams
03-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Maybe there should be a sticky in here that says - by the way, don't put ellipses in post titles ;) What a strange issue that is.

MarkInMD
03-12-2011, 11:07 PM
I think The Man is behind it all, maaaaaaaan! It's a conspiracy, maaaaaaaan!

Topsy
03-13-2011, 08:21 AM
Maybe there should be a sticky in here that says - by the way, don't put ellipses in post titles ;) What a strange issue that is.

Um...now why didn't I think of that?! Off to sticky....

Post is fixed, btw!

rumbledolly
03-13-2011, 03:22 PM
I think The Man is behind it all, maaaaaaaan! It's a conspiracy, maaaaaaaan!

I blame THE Man for everything! When Chicken Little (one of our DD's many nicknames/pet names) ashed me who 'The Man' was all I could say was he's The Man

She told me I was on drugs!

I used to work on this particular program when I was putting upcoming shows and performances in our system. It had an odd habit of not letting me use a certain series of numbers. Unfortunately that series was needed as a seat number in our balcony. No matter the show I'd look up and the darn seat was empty. Every time I went in and tried to change the master file and changed the seat to an alpha code so I could sell the darn thing it would revert back to it's original numeric form!

The Man is everywhere!

dottieanna29
05-11-2011, 05:28 PM
AHHHHH, the ellipseses are at it again!! I can't see the second page of the Day in the Life.... thread, although I see there is a way around it. Is this not a sticky or do I not see the stickies because I look at New Posts?

dottieanna29
05-11-2011, 05:29 PM
if you want to see it (the second page) when ellipses are doing their thing, Click on the little arrow after the name of the last poster to post. Instead of getting the forbidden mssg. It will take you to the page.

and yes... thats what happened.m Ellipses in the title.

This didn't work for me??

dbmamaz
05-11-2011, 11:11 PM
I posted a response, then it let me.

lakshmi
05-12-2011, 02:28 AM
@Farrar... hardy har har... @Topsy, you too.

it is most definitely the man! total conspiracy.

pandahoneybee
05-12-2011, 06:59 AM
hey Girlies;) Did you all ever get on the post you were wanting to?? I went in to change the title so that the system would stop doing it and someone beat me to it;) probably a little birdie named Topsy! Just reply to this post and let me know, so sorry I didn't see last night;(